There is much to like at this motel. The rooms are very clean and attractive and the setting, right on the water, is lovely. The restaurant next door, Porky's, has excellent food, live music, and is on the water as well. The room had a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee pot, and even had beach towels and a styrofoam cooler available for our use. Aside from soap, it had no toiletries and no hairdryer.
On the down side, we were unable to get a WiFi signal anywhere on the property, and had thought that there was WiFi available in the public areas. This was rather frustrating. The rooms had little soundproofing between them, and there was, in addition, considerable noise from outside during the night, when fishing boats set off around 4 or 5 AM. This is a working marina, so the coming and going of boats was expected (and interesting), but it was quite noisy. The rooms share a backyard area (at least our room shared an outdoor space with at east two other rooms),and this space had a gravel surface. As a result, there was considerable noise when people used the back yard. Since the description said that each room had a patio or balcony, we expected a bit more privacy than we actually had.
We were only there for two days, but were surprised that no one came by, even briefly, to clean or check the room during our stay.
The rooms are pricey, and I expected a bit more in the way of privacy, quiet and services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy clean, comfortable fully renovated accommodations, with a brand new waterfront pool. Choose from motel-style guest rooms, efficiencies or one- & two-bedroom apartments with either open-water or tropical garden views. When you stay with us you can receive up to 30% off your boat rental. We also rent kayaks, paddle boards & zayaks.1/2 mile from the 7 mile bridge. World-class fishing & diving are only minutes from your door in the beautiful Florida Keys. We also now have daily snorkel trips to Sombrero Reef or Pirate's Cove onboard the Spirit Power Catamaran. It's like swimming in an aquarium! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Pip`s Marina & Hideaway Hotel Marathon
- Captain Pip`s Marina And Hideaway
- Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway Marathon, Florida - Florida Keys