I've stayed here over the past both in an RV area and the motel. Most recently on a trip to Key West (once in Decemer 2012 with a couple and once in May with 3 girlfriends.) Rooms were very clean and the staff was fantastic. I know they are under new owners and they are even better now than before. The best value that I have found in the keys. They can count on seeing me again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefree’s Pelican Motel was recently remodeled to bring back those retro open-air motel days, but with all the modern amenities we have grown to love. You can pull up right to the door of your private room, conveniently unload your luggage and be sitting on our beautiful shore in less than five minutes.While our look is vintage, our six rooms and three efficiencies are all new. Each room is equipped with an individually controlled air-conditioner, ceiling fan, refrigerator and microwave for your comfort and convenience.Tucked into the picturesque Florida Bay on Grassy Key at Mile Marker 59, just 45 minutes east of Key West, the Pelican is one of a few Marathon Florida Hotels that gives you access to 300 feet of secluded waterfront and a private marina. Our boat slips are just waiting for your vessel, and we’ve got a fish cleaning station ready for you to handle your saltwater catch of the day.When you’re through with your day on the water, jump in by swimming off our bay front or take a dip in our heated swimming pool. Relax, you're in the Florida Keys! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Motel And Trailer Park
- Pelican Motel & Trailer Park Hotel Marathon
- Pelican RV Resort And Motel Marathon, Florida - Florida Keys