“Back Again”

Pelican RV Resort and Motel
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've stayed here over the past both in an RV area and the motel. Most recently on a trip to Key West (once in Decemer 2012 with a couple and once in May with 3 girlfriends.) Rooms were very clean and the staff was fantastic. I know they are under new owners and they are even better now than before. The best value that I have found in the keys. They can count on seeing me again.

Room Tip: Sometimes I travel with a small dog and I choose the room on the end (next to grass) if it is availa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
PelicanRV, Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We are pleased that you had such a great time at the Pelican RV Resort and Motel.

We hope to see you again in the near future and would like to offer you a discount off your next stay for writing this review about us. Please contact us at 305-289-0011.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at this motel last year during my annual visit to the Keys. I was looking for something affordable, yet clean and centrally located. I've always camped out in the past, but needed to use a hotel/motel for this trip. Although it is a little bit of a hike up from Marathon, I found it to be well worth it. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the price was definitely right. They also have a great view of the sunset. I'm looking to book this hotel again for my visit this year.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Cancel my room within 80 hours and they never told me on the phone they would be a cancellation fee.
charge me 25 percent fee terrible for nothing. Place is bad stay away.
Spoke to management said there's nothing they could do it's a company policy stay far away from this place terrible terrible terrible

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank mack965

I am sorry for an confusion that there may have been regarding the cancellation of your reservation. However, we do inform all guest placing reservations of our cancellation policy both by phone at time reservation is made and written on the confirmation sent via email. Our policy is similar to all other motel/hotel properties in the area and is normally very minimal. We are always happy to accomidate date changes or room type changes without a fee and will hold a credit on your account for a future stay for those that do not wish to lose any portion of there one-night deposit.

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Friday nearly a month ago and I was simply driving by and saw it out of the corner of my eye so swung in to grab a room. Am I glad I did. The desk attendant made me feel very welcome and have me a queen room. She had the room double checked to make certain it was clean before renting the room to me. The room was very clean and appeared to be newly renovated. Bed was comfortable, a little soft but appeared to be new and had nice pillows. It provided a good nights rest. The room itself is small but inviting and offers a coffee pot, small fridge and a microwave. New flat screen HDtv and tile floors. Bathroom is small as well and only offered a standing shower but was very clean and offered very plush towels and basic toiletries ie soap shampoo etc. the wreck bar and grill is a short walk down the road. ( .25 mile) and offers a very good bar and full dinner and lunch menu and great friendly bartenders and staff. I dd not have time to explore the rest of the grounds but look forward to returning here again. I would recommend this as a great stay if your in the area. I myself look forward to returning. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank firedawg007

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Last October (2011) we had a wonderful time in the Keys, terrible time at the Pelican!! It is now run by Carefree Resorts and let me tell you the staff is definitely CAREFREE!! We arrived and checked into our room and it smelled like something had died in it. Apparently the tenants that had occupied the room before us had spilled something on the couch cushions. So the incompetent staff took the cushion outside, pressure washed it, put back on the couch (still wet) and turned the AC off. So naturally when we arrived it smelled like sour disgustingness. There is no other way to describe it. The staff refused to do anything to rectify the situation or compensate us! The attitude from the women at the front desk was indifferent, as if she could not be bothered. To top it off at the end of the week the AC went out. It took forever to get touch with anyone (even though they live there) and then my husband and son ended up having to help the Maintenance man fix the AC! Still they said nothing about it. Didn't offer us a discount at out next stay, a voucher or even an apology!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Caitlyn S
PelicanRV, Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

The Pelican Resort and Motel (formerly the Pelican Trailer Park and Motel) was purchased in 2010 by Carefree RV Resorts. Since that time the property has been growing to step outside the box of a Trailer Park and Motel to an actual resort. The RV Portion of the park is being upgraded and the Motel has been redone to offer casual luxury at an affordable price. I have attempted to contact the person that wrote this review, but have not yet been contacted back. The issues listed in the review have not ever happened and if they did we would have been right on top of them. In addition we strive to make every guest a guest for life and I would not have let anyone leave our resort in the manner listed in this review. I have a feeling that this review was written out of malice by either a competitor or person that was asked to leave the property. The Pelican RV Resort and Motel is a growing name in the Florida Keys and we welcome all new guest to come stay with us. Ask for me personally and I will make sure your stay is exceptional.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

The rooms here are gorgeous the bed is super comfortable and the bed linens were AMAZING QUALITY and VERY clean...in fact, I'd love to find out where they purchased the comforters and curtains to buy some myself they were THAT GOOD. The only drawback of the single room we had right next to the office was that there were no useable power outlets. Not even in the bathroom. The flat screen tv was great and it was nice to see an alarm clock and a welcome mat at each door. The pool was great too and well maintained and clean with plenty of loungers. Couldn't even hear the traffic from the highway in front of the motel. I'd definitely stay here again, BEST price off season for what u get in the room.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Moesle

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have been going to Grassy Key for at least the past 5 years, and always stay at the Pelican. It has changed hands recently, and many improvements have been made. It is an older resort, but the rooms have been modernized, are always clean and the beds are comfortable. We had a refrigerator and a microwave in our double room.

The office staff is very friendly and accomodating. They apparently do not have daily maid service, though I believe they probably would provide it if asked to. We dumped our own trash, and swapped wet towels for new ones in the office as we needed them. There were no phones in the rooms, (who uses a land line anymore anyway) but they did havea phone book and an alarm clock.

We always take our boat, and there is ample parking for trailers. Also, unlike many other hotels in the area, they have their own boat ramp, and the boat "harbor" keeps your boat protected. There is a concrete wall between your docked boat and the gulf. We happen to like staying on the Gulf side, but access to the Atlantic is only a 2-3 minute boat ride.

The Pelican has a tiki hut with picnic tables out on the gulf, that you can fish from, or just relax and enjoy the absolutely gorgeous Gulf sunsets. They also have a decent size pool, that feels so good after spending a hot day out on the water.

We will definitely book with them on our next visit!

Room Tip: All rooms are up front (on the road), so there is not a gulf view, but they were surprizingly quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Melissa C

Regional Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
11 mi away
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon
Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina

Been to Pelican RV Resort and Motel? Share your experiences!