“Best visit I've ever had in the Keys”

and 1 more site!
Pelican RV Resort and Motel
“Best visit I've ever had in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The staff was very knowledgable on activities and events in the surrounding areas. They gave me a very personable stay, making me feel at home and welcome my entire stay. The atmosphere of the area is very family friendly, which I appreciate when traveling with children. I plan on staying here on every visit to the keys.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank cynde_m_m
PelicanRV, General Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the Florida Keys and staying with us here at the Pelican RV Resort and Motel. We are glad that you enjoyed your time and hope to see you again in the near future. On your next trip to the Florida Keys, please contact me directly for a discount on your stay!

Maria Simon, Regional Manager, Pelican RV Resort and Motel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I came to the keys with my three grandchildren, we were very pleased with everything The room with the kitchen was great and very clean. The staff was so friendly and the pool was clean and open late, I am happy to say I will be a Pelican fan for life. Just a relaxing enjoyable time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Liberatorepat

Maria Simon, Regional Manager, Pelican RV Resort and Motel
Kingston, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sister and I stayed at the hotel Oct 23rd thru Nov. 3rd..We paid full price for this hotel which was thirteen hundred five dollars even though it is advertised for 59 a night. They said it was high season,beg to differ we were the only two there most of the eleven days. I would not have minded paying this price if we got clear accommodations. Let me start by saying the sheets on the beds were green with bleach stains all over them,my sisters sheets had holes in them,our room was only service don the weekend. Game back to room to take a shower,room had not been serviced no clean towels no toilet paper. We had to launder our own towels to take a shower,borrow a roll of toilet paper from one of guest at RV. You may ask why did we not go to the office well most of the time the office closed early and no one around. Our disgusting sheets got changed two days before leaving cause I mentioned to the weekend cleaner. The floors were filthy the bathroom never scrubbed,and the curtain in the bathroom window was filthy and stained. For the kind of money we spent,we could have gone to Cancun and got better treatment and basic things you find in a hotel, not to mention the bathroom sink was clogged the handle on the door loose. Told mgt.,nothing was done about it. We fixed the sink ourselves,door never got fixed. Carefree needs to look into how this so called motel is being run or not run. Very,very upset .Will never stay there again unless things change drastically starting with poor mgt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gaileeNH
PelicanRV, Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Ladies,

I spoke with you numerous times during your stay and even provided you personally with extra supplies for your room. At no time during your stay did you ever mention any issues to me as both my self and staff would have corrected these issue immediately.

I feel that you review may have been prompted as a result of our request for your friend staying in our RV Resort to leave. I would be happy to speak with you personally about your stay and concerns. Please feel free to call me directly at 305-289-0011.

Maria Simon, Regional Manager
Florida Keys, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I are relocating to the Florida Keys and needed a central location to stay for a few days. They have a pet friendly room, which is what we needed. They did allow us to check in early as we had driven 15 hrs. The bed linens were not clean. The curtain over the bathroom window had mildew/mold on it. It was cloth so it could have easily been washed. All the surfaces were sticky. Luckily we had taken clorox wipes with us and I was able to clean the stand and dresser tops. The service was friendly. Would pay a bit more to stay some place clean.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not have a pleasent time during your stay here at the Pelican Resort. The issues that you noted are not typical or acceptable and I am sorry that your experience was not better. I will ensure that the issues noted are properly addressed and I would love a chance to change your opinion of us in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly to speak about your stay. I can be reached at 305-289-0011.

Maria Simon, Regional Manager
Big Pine Key, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I paid in advance for 8 nights. I was moving back to the area and had my cat with me. I asked and was told there WOULD BE NO PET CHARGE and was charged only for the room when I checked in. It was thunder storming all week and the room leaked badly on 3 of the 6 days I stayed there. I notified the office and they had someone look at the room, twice. I was nice. I was told they knew about the problem, but couldn't stop the 2 ceiling leaks or water coming up through the floor in the bathroom. They said they didn't have another room to move me to. On day 5, I asked to leave early and be refunded for the 2 days I would not be staying. To clarify, I paid FULL price for the 6 nights I stayed, I was just asking not to have to stay 2 more days in a leaky room. They said they would have to talk with the manager, who never seems to be available. That evening I found a receipt taped to my door showing that they were letting me leave 2 days early, but had tacked on a "pet cleaning fee" of $150 so that the bill was essentially the same (they credited my card $7.50). So, I paid for 8 nights but stayed only 6 nights, and they got to rent the room twice. My cat left no mess and I've got the pics that show it. It is unethical to tack on the pet fee after I was told there would be no charge. I certainly feel ripped off. It seems to me they owe me $150, let alone charging full price for a leaky room. I have never written a review before, but this was unethical behavior... Stay away.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Zee251
PelicanRV, Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Guest,

In regards to your stay here at the Pelican RV Resort and Motel, I am sorry that you did not have a pleasent stay. Due to our small size we only have limited "Pet Friendly" rooms and we only charge a fee when we find that someone has brought a pet into the room without our knowledge. Extra cleaning is required to ensure that a "Non- Pet Friendly" room is clean and sanitized to be confortable to future guest that may pet allergen sensitive.

In regards to the leak issue, I am only aware of one problem that has occured in the past few months and that issue was not reported until the last day of the guest's stay, not allowing us time to make repairs or corrections.

Please contact me at 305-289-0011 and I would be happy to see if we can resolve this issue and win back your bussiness.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've stayed here over the past both in an RV area and the motel. Most recently on a trip to Key West (once in Decemer 2012 with a couple and once in May with 3 girlfriends.) Rooms were very clean and the staff was fantastic. I know they are under new owners and they are even better now than before. The best value that I have found in the keys. They can count on seeing me again.

Room Tip: Sometimes I travel with a small dog and I choose the room on the end (next to grass) if it is availa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
We are pleased that you had such a great time at the Pelican RV Resort and Motel.

We hope to see you again in the near future and would like to offer you a discount off your next stay for writing this review about us. Please contact us at 305-289-0011.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at this motel last year during my annual visit to the Keys. I was looking for something affordable, yet clean and centrally located. I've always camped out in the past, but needed to use a hotel/motel for this trip. Although it is a little bit of a hike up from Marathon, I found it to be well worth it. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the price was definitely right. They also have a great view of the sunset. I'm looking to book this hotel again for my visit this year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Regional Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,599 reviews

Been to Pelican RV Resort and Motel? Share your experiences!