“Very Relaxing”

Pelican RV Resort and Motel
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The motel was located on the water in Marathon with access to a small boat ramp and walking distance of a restaurant for lunch and dinner. The room was clean, bed very comfortable, the only noise you heard was a passing car now & again, pleasant customer service staff and owners, as well as a good price. The coffee will wake you up in the lobby but you can make your own in the room. The small fridge and microwave was great for left overs. Thank you for a great get a way.
PS there was a small leak issue and they took care of us while we were out on the boat.

Room Tip: if you have a larger boat the launch wouldn't accommodate. Our 23' had to go elsewhere but t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CauzIsaid
PelicanRV, General Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the Florida Keys and staying with us here at the Pelican RV Resort and Motel. We are glad that you enjoyed your time and hope to see you again in the near future. On your next trip to the Florida Keys, please contact me directly for a discount on your stay!

Maria Simon, Regional Manager, Pelican RV Resort and Motel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
FarinaPR
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the Pelican RV Resort and Motel!! It was very clean and a great price! The front desk is so helpful and so nice! They helped me with a late check-in and have very strong yummy coffee in the lobby in the morning (hard to find in Marathon) I recommend Pelican RV Resort and Motel 100%!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FarinaPR

Marathon FL
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The staff at Pelican were extremely cordial and helpful and welcomed us to the Keys. The residents were friendly and welcoming. The pool was warm with lots of comfy recliners to sunbathe on. The pool itself was immaculate. There is an on-site laundramat/book swap and a oceanfront Tiki hut to relax at. There are movies on Wed evening which adds to the family atmosphere of this resort. The site was spotless as are the grounds. Wi-fi and cable TV were provided at no charge. We had a great time at this resort and plan to come back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank martymartha

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The staff was very knowledgable on activities and events in the surrounding areas. They gave me a very personable stay, making me feel at home and welcome my entire stay. The atmosphere of the area is very family friendly, which I appreciate when traveling with children. I plan on staying here on every visit to the keys.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank cynde_m_m

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I came to the keys with my three grandchildren, we were very pleased with everything The room with the kitchen was great and very clean. The staff was so friendly and the pool was clean and open late, I am happy to say I will be a Pelican fan for life. Just a relaxing enjoyable time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Liberatorepat

Kingston, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sister and I stayed at the hotel Oct 23rd thru Nov. 3rd..We paid full price for this hotel which was thirteen hundred five dollars even though it is advertised for 59 a night. They said it was high season,beg to differ we were the only two there most of the eleven days. I would not have minded paying this price if we got clear accommodations. Let me start by saying the sheets on the beds were green with bleach stains all over them,my sisters sheets had holes in them,our room was only service don the weekend. Game back to room to take a shower,room had not been serviced no clean towels no toilet paper. We had to launder our own towels to take a shower,borrow a roll of toilet paper from one of guest at RV. You may ask why did we not go to the office well most of the time the office closed early and no one around. Our disgusting sheets got changed two days before leaving cause I mentioned to the weekend cleaner. The floors were filthy the bathroom never scrubbed,and the curtain in the bathroom window was filthy and stained. For the kind of money we spent,we could have gone to Cancun and got better treatment and basic things you find in a hotel, not to mention the bathroom sink was clogged the handle on the door loose. Told mgt.,nothing was done about it. We fixed the sink ourselves,door never got fixed. Carefree needs to look into how this so called motel is being run or not run. Very,very upset .Will never stay there again unless things change drastically starting with poor mgt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gaileeNH
PelicanRV, Manager at Pelican RV Resort and Motel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Ladies,

I spoke with you numerous times during your stay and even provided you personally with extra supplies for your room. At no time during your stay did you ever mention any issues to me as both my self and staff would have corrected these issue immediately.

I feel that you review may have been prompted as a result of our request for your friend staying in our RV Resort to leave. I would be happy to speak with you personally about your stay and concerns. Please feel free to call me directly at 305-289-0011.

Maria Simon, Regional Manager
Florida Keys, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I are relocating to the Florida Keys and needed a central location to stay for a few days. They have a pet friendly room, which is what we needed. They did allow us to check in early as we had driven 15 hrs. The bed linens were not clean. The curtain over the bathroom window had mildew/mold on it. It was cloth so it could have easily been washed. All the surfaces were sticky. Luckily we had taken clorox wipes with us and I was able to clean the stand and dresser tops. The service was friendly. Would pay a bit more to stay some place clean.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not have a pleasent time during your stay here at the Pelican Resort. The issues that you noted are not typical or acceptable and I am sorry that your experience was not better. I will ensure that the issues noted are properly addressed and I would love a chance to change your opinion of us in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly to speak about your stay. I can be reached at 305-289-0011.

Maria Simon, Regional Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,635 reviews

Been to Pelican RV Resort and Motel? Share your experiences!