“The best place to stay in Marathon.”

The Hammocks at Marathon
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
“The best place to stay in Marathon.”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Spent an awesome week at the hammocks of marathon. The property is really nice and centrally located. Lots of amenities and the staff was very welcoming. When booking make sure to do it early and ask for the water view rooms. Loved it so much we became blue green owners. Can't wait to go back and relax at the tiki bar while enjoying a beautiful Florida Keys sunset.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ilovetoread2

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
salem, or
Reviewed 4 June 2013

this was a great place to stay. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were always friendly and the concierge gave us lots of useful information. We had a nice view over the pool out to the bay/ocean. The kitchen light went out and the maintenance staff fixed it immediately and were so friendly. It is centrally located so you can get around and see the other keys easily or you can just stay by the pool and relax. There is a great public beach nearby - Sombrero, which has good parking and access. The best place we stayed in Florida, don't hesitate to stay here.

3 Thank Orsunnydays
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We spent our week in Marathon at The Hammocks. I was concerned after reading the other reviews on Tripadvisor and wasn't looking forward to my time here. I have been pleasantly surprised. We had a 2 bedroom room and couldn't have requested a better view. I was fearful of the "room smell" but we haven't experienced any issues. Granted the hotel is not the Ritz but I have not come across a group of employees that have been more helpful and accommodating that I have met here. We had one item that needed maintenance and they were at our door within 10 minutes fixing the issue. The supervisor came in to apologize for any inconvenience and proceeded to carry our trash out for us without us asking. He seemed genuinely concerned about out inconvenience and really, it wasn't a big deal. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2 bedroom. They seem to have the better views and a kitchen.
2 Thank Lov3s2eat
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The points belonged to my sister they were a Christmas gift and was not disappointed. My wife and I spent 5 days at the end of April. I could not fine anything wrong with this place. They did not pressure me to become a member.Our unit was a two bedroom unit which we found to be very clean. All the staff was friendly and polite. We had a view of the Gulf, water, and pool.I would recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hyperbob
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2013

First of all, I did not have the same experience as the negative reviewers. My husband and I booked this reservation about 12 months out for our first anniversary. We only had 7000 points at the time so it obviously has nothing to do with the amount of points a BlueGreen owner has. We were very fortunate to stay in room 209 with a water view, but to be honest we did not spend much time in the room for this to matter. I know that there are some folks who choose to spend their time in their hotel room and not leave the grounds, but we are not those people. We took these six days and enjoyed the surrounding area, the food and activities offered.

The resort staff are very friendly and accommodating. Not sure who the others dealt with and why they would require room service and cleaning daily. We asked for new towels and they were delivered. In fact, the staff called our room numerous times to make sure we received them.

A vacation is what you make of it. This is not one of the better resorts in BlueGreen, but it's still clean and in a great location. It is not high end, but you are in a beautiful area, close to Key West. I do wish there were more beautiful sandy beaches in Marathon since Sombrero Beach was dirty to me. We decided to enjoy the pool instead, go snorkeling on a tour, and head to Key West. I think the location alone makes up for what The Hammocks is lacking in inside appearance, activities, etc.

We will come back to The Hammocks for peace and quiet again in the future. This is the perfect location to take a break from all the hustle and bustle in life.

1 Thank Bruceskii
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Beautiful place to stay near Key West FL! Quiet, peaceful view of ocean! Only noise was from our DRUNK neighbors in room next to us, up most of night! Not resorts fault! Would return again! I have stayed at many Bluegreen Resorts and never disappointed with service/friendliness.

Room Tip: Ask for room with odd number (107, 207, 307 ect.)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin A
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We were ushered into room '104' where we expected a lovely gulf view. No such thing. Our room faced onto the business next door. Wonderful view of their fence. Awakened every morning by the sound of their equipment. We made our reservation months in advance and this is not what we expected. After numerous requests to be moved to another room, I gave up. In the meanwhile we had to contend with a room that smelled. They changed the filter, brought in an ionizer, even one of the odor-eater gel thingy that you can buy at Lowe's. I drew the line at moving all my stuff so they could shampoo the carpet. They should do that before we check in! Not wait until we start complaining! I suspected this type room was saved for non-BlueGreen exchange visitors but after reading 'tarheelfans0103' review, realized that this resort assigns anyone that show up the crappy rooms. Doesn't matter is they are a BlueGreen owner, Shell Vacations (us) or RCI.

Also, upon arrival, we were informed that there would be no maid service at all. We had to request clean towels. If we wanted maid service, there would be a $25.00 fee for one cleaning. I

I would never recommend this facility to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Bamafan261
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Seashell Beach Resort
Seashell Beach Resort
#10 of 17 in Marathon
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to The Hammocks at Marathon? Share your experiences!