“3rd Time in 2 years..Still cozy and a great location!!”

The Hammocks at Marathon
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is our third time staying at The Hammocks and it keeps getting better. The property is well maintained as always and the staff are eager to assist in any way. Lot's of activities to do on the property. If you like to cook out there are 4 amazing grills in the courtyard with plenty of space to entertain next to the pool. Coffee and lemon infused water are always available in the lobby. This trip we saw teens playing board games as well as checkers. Nice to the the resort areas getting use.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AlwaysOnTheGoFl

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our family of four plus two grandparents just spent a week at The Hammocks in Marathon, Florida. It was a great place to stay. The property was very clean and the staff treated us wonderfully. The Tiki Bar had great food and even fixed our freshly caught fish from a deep sea fishing trip. The property has a beautiful view. There isn't any beach front, but there is little of that in Marathon at all. The pool offered plenty of entertainment for our 10 and 6 year olds! The 2 bedroom condo offered plenty of room. Kitchen space was limited but we didn't need much room to cook. There were very nice grills close to the pool for those that want to grill. Overalll, it was a super vacation with wonderful memories made!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Islandgirl2171
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Spent an awesome week at the hammocks of marathon. The property is really nice and centrally located. Lots of amenities and the staff was very welcoming. When booking make sure to do it early and ask for the water view rooms. Loved it so much we became blue green owners. Can't wait to go back and relax at the tiki bar while enjoying a beautiful Florida Keys sunset.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ilovetoread2
Reviewed 4 June 2013

this was a great place to stay. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were always friendly and the concierge gave us lots of useful information. We had a nice view over the pool out to the bay/ocean. The kitchen light went out and the maintenance staff fixed it immediately and were so friendly. It is centrally located so you can get around and see the other keys easily or you can just stay by the pool and relax. There is a great public beach nearby - Sombrero, which has good parking and access. The best place we stayed in Florida, don't hesitate to stay here.

3  Thank Orsunnydays
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We spent our week in Marathon at The Hammocks. I was concerned after reading the other reviews on Tripadvisor and wasn't looking forward to my time here. I have been pleasantly surprised. We had a 2 bedroom room and couldn't have requested a better view. I was fearful of the "room smell" but we haven't experienced any issues. Granted the hotel is not the Ritz but I have not come across a group of employees that have been more helpful and accommodating that I have met here. We had one item that needed maintenance and they were at our door within 10 minutes fixing the issue. The supervisor came in to apologize for any inconvenience and proceeded to carry our trash out for us without us asking. He seemed genuinely concerned about out inconvenience and really, it wasn't a big deal. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2 bedroom. They seem to have the better views and a kitchen.
2  Thank Lov3s2eat
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The points belonged to my sister they were a Christmas gift and was not disappointed. My wife and I spent 5 days at the end of April. I could not fine anything wrong with this place. They did not pressure me to become a member.Our unit was a two bedroom unit which we found to be very clean. All the staff was friendly and polite. We had a view of the Gulf, water, and pool.I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hyperbob
Reviewed 15 May 2013

First of all, I did not have the same experience as the negative reviewers. My husband and I booked this reservation about 12 months out for our first anniversary. We only had 7000 points at the time so it obviously has nothing to do with the amount of points a BlueGreen owner has. We were very fortunate to stay in room 209 with a water view, but to be honest we did not spend much time in the room for this to matter. I know that there are some folks who choose to spend their time in their hotel room and not leave the grounds, but we are not those people. We took these six days and enjoyed the surrounding area, the food and activities offered.

The resort staff are very friendly and accommodating. Not sure who the others dealt with and why they would require room service and cleaning daily. We asked for new towels and they were delivered. In fact, the staff called our room numerous times to make sure we received them.

A vacation is what you make of it. This is not one of the better resorts in BlueGreen, but it's still clean and in a great location. It is not high end, but you are in a beautiful area, close to Key West. I do wish there were more beautiful sandy beaches in Marathon since Sombrero Beach was dirty to me. We decided to enjoy the pool instead, go snorkeling on a tour, and head to Key West. I think the location alone makes up for what The Hammocks is lacking in inside appearance, activities, etc.

We will come back to The Hammocks for peace and quiet again in the future. This is the perfect location to take a break from all the hustle and bustle in life.

1  Thank Bruceskii