I took my family for a weekend get away in the middle of July and loved it.
We only had a studio which is just a big hotel room with two beds. The room was clean and ready for us when we arrived The bar/restaurant is a really nice place to watch the sunset. The bartenders are really freindly and make a decent drink. We only ate there once but what we did have was good. They have a really nice grilling area for you to use. The pool is vary refreshing after being out in the hot Florida sun and salt water all day. Marathon Key is about an hour south of Key West but has all the things you want to do in the Keys without the tourism congestion.
The room (at least ours) was in need of some updating. I did hear rumers that renovations where going to start after the summer rush though. They do have boat rentals but not many of them and good luck renting one before they are all out. Be prepaired to drive if you plan on going any where. Although Marathon has everything you might want to do nothing is walking distance. If you're looking for a party atmosphere you're not going to get it here. Dont get me wrong there are bars on Marathon but nothing like it is in Key West.
To me the bad things arent really that bad and had to nitpick to come up with what I did.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Hammocks at Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hammocks At Marathon Hotel Marathon
- The Hammocks Marathon
- The Hammocks Hotel Marathon
- Hammocks Marathon Florida
- The Hammocks At Marathon Florida - Florida Keys