“Best deal in Marathon”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: KING Seafood Retail Market & Restaurant - Open 7 DAYS, 10am-9pm. You can order by the pound or by the menu. Our specialty is Fresh Seafood, from local fisherman. Our commercial boats provide fresh Stone Crab & Lobster (in season), our OPEN Kitchen allows you to see how we prepare your meal when you order.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After having the blackened shrimp, I craved it for the rest of the trip. Everything was fresh, the fried fish was perfect, not greasy like you'll sometimes find. This is just a small place you might miss if you're not looking for it. But you do want to find it. You order at the register and pick up at the window when they call your number. The wait wasn't long, only two families there at the time, which was surprising, considering the 3 of us had dinner, soft drinks and even dessert for $60, and it was the most memorable food. If you don't need the ocean view, but want excellent food...this is it.

1  Thank Michelle T

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nothing fancy. You have to wait on yourselves, but the fresh local seafood is very good and it's a worth a stop for lunch.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Honestly the deco of the place could be much improved. I looked rather doubtfully at the outside, but the food more than made up for the looks of the place! The calamari was very good, crispy and fresh. We also ordered the seafood soup, which was very tasty. We ordered the fried Minuta whole snapper butterfly, no bones with (skin & tail on) with the sides of yellow rice and coleslaw. Simply delicious! The grilled shrimp basket was alright, though nothing to shout about.The grilled grouper was very good-you could taste how fresh it was! The fries were a nice complement to the dish. It was so good we went again another night for dinner. This time, we ordered a large grouper soup, which was a clear soup, and it was very tasty indeed, with bits of rice in it. The grilled hogfish with coleslaw and yellow rice made a very yummy dish! My parents ordered a whole fried yellowtail snapper with yellow rice and coleslaw as well. It was all very delicious. I myself had a Cuban burger, which was rather dry, but the patty tasted AMAZING! I recommend this dish, providing you smother it with mayonnaise and other condiments to your preference. It came with really crunchy, crisp small bits of French fries. Or at least I thought it was French fries. It looked like mini shoestring French fries. The seafood pasta was very cheesy and came with some garlic bread. Yum! We ordered the key lime pie for dessert, and though it was a tad sweet, it tasted very sweet and delicious with the biscuit base. This place was so worth the money and the seafood is so fresh and good! The fact that we came to this place two days in a row for dinner is proof that the food is very yummy! The place is rather small though, so good luck to you if the place is packed! Also, the tables come in sets of two and four, so if you've a large party, be prepared to move around tables or chairs.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon and so glad we did! Everything was fresh and made to order. We had the conch ceviche, shrimp stuffed plantains, and shrimp quesadillas. Everything was excellent! The owners are friendly and the owner actually catches all the fish- that says something about the pride they have in what they serve. If you're looking for a Cuban flare to seafood options, try this place! Prices are reasonable and portions are big.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was getting tired of the same old-same old for lunch one day and decided to take a chance on a new place. Friends of mine had told me good thing about this place , so I finally decided to try it for myself. I was hooked from the moment I walked into the front door. First of all the place was packed and it was barely noon, so I figured the food would be good. The best part is the fact that everything is made to order when you order it. They don't have stuff sitting around soaking in grease , so the food is always hot and cooked to perfection. I ordered a fried mahi sandwich and an order of calamari. All of the food was prepared right in front of me and at an amazing speed. The sandwich was gigantic, and it came on a fresh baked Cuban roll. The calamari was cooked perfectly and there wasn't a hint of greasiness. I highly recommend using the cocktail sauce that they give you. It has just enough horseradish in it to give everything just the right amount of bite. And none of the food was over seasoned or buried in a ton of batter. I am definitely hooked on this place, and I will be returning there frequently.

1  Thank Chris N