“star of the Florida Keys”
Review of Plaza Grill

Plaza Grill
Ranked #41 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Plaza Grill - The Marathon restaurant where Special doesn't need an Occasion. Located in the heart of Marathon at MM 50 Oceanside; Plaza Grill offers an upscale atmosphere with a local island vibe. Cozy and Classy is the only way to describe the Plaza Grill. Start your experience at our Intimate Martini and Wine Bar. Or join us for dinner with Entrees starting at $19. The menu offers something for everyone; from our light and flavorful salads and appetizers, to Fresh Local Seafood, "Prime" Cut Signature Steaks and Chops that will make your mouth water, to simple Classic Pasta Specialties and finishing the night with one of our Dazzling Desserts. Stop in and make our table your table for dinner.
Dover, Delaware
“star of the Florida Keys”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

far and away the nicest restaurant in the keys. fine dining abounds in this charming establishment. the head chef's masterful touch is felt and tasted in every dish. the service is magnificent, everything is as it should be. if you are looking for a fancy, fine dining experience, this is the hottest ticket in town.

• Visited April 2014
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Plaza Grill in Marathon,FL. We appreciate your kind words about your dinning experience and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation .

305-731-9860

Lindenhurst, New York
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stopped here on a whim and were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent the choices were very good and the service could not be better. Our waitress was named Noel and made everything comfortable and easy. It was a pleasure to spend some money there.

Visited April 2014
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your review of the Plaza Grill. We appreciate your kind words about your experience and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or your next reservation. 305-731-9860.
jacksonville
“Is a little class in Marathon too much to ask for?”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Have grown weary of the no class fish shacks with bad food and decided to try this place even though I have heard that it is too pricy. I was dining alone and the only seat at the bar that was open was next to a sink where I was constantly being splashed on my arm as servers washed their hands and glasses. Although someone did not do a very good job washing my wine glass that I was served old vinigar tasting wine in. Then I was served stale bread with a frozen slab of butter. The linguine with clam sause was nothing special. Had clams in the shell around the outside. would be nice to have had some in the sauce but only found crunchy carrots and onions that I had to pick over. I heard right way over priced for the quality of food. Will not be back!

1 Thank orrdie
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Plaza Grill in Marathon, FL. I am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I am however confused, as our clam sauce is never prepared with carrots. The Plaza has an extensive wine list and had we known you were not satisfied with your first choice we would have been happy to correct it. When dinning out one should always alert staff to any problem, as it can probably be corrected on the spot.
Again thank you for your review as we read all of them and try to improve our dinning experience. Please feel free to contact me directly to set up your next reservation at Plaza. 305-731-9860
Fishers, Indiana
“Spring Break 2014”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall, I think the food choices in Marathon are not great, especially if your teenagers don't like seafood. With that being said, we stopped in the Plaza Grill because we could not find a highly rated restaurant on Trip Advisor that offered both a decent selection of seafood items along with a good selection of steaks. Out of frustration, we ended up at the Plaza Grill. Overall the food was just okay, with a very high price tag. This was the most expensive meal we had in Marathon with only one glass of wine, and refills on iced tea were NOT free (5 bucks a shot...of course, the server did not warn us of this). I would not recommend eating here. Even though the restaurant selections for both seafood and beef in Marathon are very limited, I would still pass this one by.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for your review of the Plaza Grill Marathon,FL. I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. The Plaza tries to present a different dinning experience for the florida keys. In your review it seams to be a price point issue. We make every effort to give the most quality as well as quantity for the best price. We do not try to hide pricing as All food costs are listed on menu and specials pricing is quoted by servers.
Once again thank you for your review as we read and respond to all. We look for any review good or bad, so we can improve the dinning experience at the Plaza Grill. Please feel free to contact me directly. 305-731-9860
multivisitors
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally fine dining in the keys”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Last night I tried the Plaza Grill in Marathon, Fl. What an experience!!!! The interior decor is nothing less than beautiful, a mixture of old world steak house meets Tommy Bahamma. Dark woods, Bahamma shutters and probably the most comfortable restaurant seats I've ever sat in. I had the New York strip, finally a chef that knows how to prepare "Pittsburg" my date had the scallops that were fantastic. Staff was friendly and professional. Prices in line with the dish served. It's great to know that when I'm In the middle keys I don't have to drive to Islamorada, or Key West for fine dinning.

• Visited April 2014
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, 8 November 2015
Thank you for review wonderful review of Plaza Grill. We try to make each dining experience memorable for each guest like yourself with food, drink, atmosphere and quality service. Hope to see you in the future for another great dining experience.