“Perfect family reunion vacation rental!”
Review of Coral Lagoon

Coral Lagoon
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We needed a home large enough for 7 and a Baby.....found the perfect one at coral lagoon through coco plum vacation rentals. Large southern living style home with beautiful decks and plenty of bathrooms!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just back from a great week at Coral LagoonOur group of 7 stayed at this property for 8 days / 7 nights...3 bedroom, 2.5 bath and a sleeper sofa...The townhouse was clean...the kitchen fully stocked with all you'd need to make most meals. The pool area was clean and quite pleasant. We had a dock just outside our door which was great for docking our boat (rental). I was worried about staying at Coral Lagoon because of all the negative reviews...We stayed in unit #18...Each unit is owned and managed differently...Unit #18 was flawlessly clean...and had plenty of towel, wash clothes, extra linen etc. The washer and dryer came in very handy as well. I wanted to compare Coral Lagoon to Tranquility Bay Resort, just down the street...Coral Lagoon and Tranquility Bay are built by the same builders...down to the decor...these townhomes are pretty much exactly alike. NOW Tranquility Bay has a beach...it sucks, but they do have a beach...Tranquility Bay has maid service (sometimes) and Tranquility Bay has a restaurant and Tiki Bar...they also rented Jet Skies...BUT I Tell ya for the money...I would stay at Coral Lagoon again, and again... We spent two days at Tranquility Bay and my kids just kept saying...Please take us back to Coral Lagoon. We like our place better...We like the small 25 unit property at Coral Lagoon vs the 87+ and construction going on at Tranquility Bay. While there isn't staff around at Coral Lagoon, you can rest assure that they are just a phone call away (CoCoPlum Vacations). They answered every call...and was accommodating to our needs...They even checked in to assure that we were enjoying our week stay there. WE DID!!! I would NEVER EVER Stay at Tranquility Bay again...at almost double the $$$ Tranquility Bay is only interested in collecting revenue,,,Tranquility Bay's front end manager Barry Reidy is the worst resort manager that I have ever come in contact with. Coral Lagoon gets my $$$ and high ratings! IF in Marathon...Do yourself a fava...Stay at Coral Lagoon (#18) you wont be sorry.

Room Tip: We stayed in unit #18 very clean...and the closest proximity to the pool. I could watch my kids swi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alwaysgreen1
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Unit 11 and everyone a part of the wedding were in the units along that side. The 3br/2.5 bath condo was beautiful and very clean. The master bedroom was very big but the other bathrooms were pretty small, it was a nice touch to include shampoo, conditioner and soap. Pool was great, management could have done a better job maintaining the bathroom. Both were completely out of toilet paper and you didn't want to go in there barefoot. Other than that, we'd definitely stay there again as a group or family, likely a little too expensive for just a couple.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank stephandbobby
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We rented two 3 Bedroom 3 Bath units in May, 2013. We took our boat down for Dolphin season. The two units were identical and both were large, comfortable and very well furnished and equipped. Only small complaint was that there could have been more and better pots, pans and kitchen utensils. I guess it's hard to keep them though, so I get it.

We stayed for a full week. Each unit had a boat slip directly behind it, which made it super convenient to go fishing every day. The place is right next to an awesome attached marina, complete with a huge boat barn where you can dry store your boat if you wish. The marina also has two wonderful fish cleaning stations, and a friendly staff. Also, there are boats available for charter there as well.

The pool was a very nice surprise. Very large, private and gated. Our group was in it every day after fishing, and it was wonderful.

From a location standpoint, it couldn't be better. 45 minutes drive from Key West, 35 minutes from Islamorada, about a mile from a nice little airport and two miles from a very nice Publix supermarket. There were some good restaurants in the area as well. Also, boat rentals were available from a place called The Island, located about a mile north of the resort, on the bay side. They also had a great restaurant/bar there too.

All in all, we had a blast and will be surely coming back year after year.

Room Tip: We stayed in Units 6 & 9, and both were great. Unit 9 was a bit closer to the pool, very conven...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This review is mixed, starting with the negatives.

Finding your way into your property is a challenge, so arrive mid afternoon in the hope that you may complete the challenge by early evening. The experience is truly awful & I was tempted just give up and go somewhere else, despite having paid in full in advance. I get now why the owners get you to pay in advance.

Having any chance at all relies on you picking up the eMail they send you 5 days in advance & a phone with international call access. Easy to miss if touring. This note told me my unit number & relied on me realising a Lock Box is the Keypad at the top of the stairs. I entered a code, then had to work out how to get the keys. Not at all obvious.

Once the code was cracked, the keys then didn't work, so its on to Challenge 2. Onsite there is no presence and no contact phone or even telephone numbers to phone anyone. If you did get the eMail they are on there, but you need to phone the mobile as the office phone only trips to voice mail. It then takes 20 minutes or so for someone to come out to you. And more to get you keys that work. All in all it took us a good 90 minutes to get in having received the eMail with no real apologies at all.

Now the positive bit.

Once in, accommodation is of a really good standard & I must say I didn't find it that dirty. Not spotless but also by no means filthy. Also great facilities and good TV. I felt it was ideal for families or groups or people with yachts, but not really as an alternative to a hotel unless you want to use the excellent washing machine facilities there. The site certainly isn't a resort as advertised - just accommodation.

There is a good Publix supermarket down the road and a superb drive through coffee place (Curlys) which you can walk to. And a great restaurant called Annette's about 7 miles away Westbound. To the property's credit, they give you great ideas for these in the welcome pack, once in the property.

Overall not a bad stop, but completely ruined by the arrival experience which is the reason for my scoring. I really wouldn't stay again or recommend because of this.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank StuartSussex
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed here for our honeymoon, The unit is nicer than a hotel room but for $279 a night I expected alot more. Unit#3 The walls need to be painted, light bulbs out, towels and blankets had stains on them, couches were so stained we avoided sitting on them,knobs off cabniets and closet door,tile floors were so dirty they left a film on our feet. Please fix this issues for the amount of money guests are spending to stay here. I would not stay here again for the one reason, lack of privacy. You are sharing a porch with the unit next to you on the upstairs porch. We had six seniors in the unit next to us who decided to be on the porch as much as possible which limited our use of the porch due to privacy. Unless you dont mind sharing a cup of coffee with your neighbor do not choose these units. Every time we wanted to sit on the porch they were out there conversing loudly and you could also see each other. The good things are the unit is nice, updated and great views, also nice pool. Next time I vacation in the keys I will be looking for units with more privacy and attettion to detail. Forgive spelling, was in a rush.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciccopizza
Reviewed 24 April 2013

House could of been beautiful, it was dirty, the supplies were very lacking , needed general overhaul. The couch was so dirty you did not want to even sit on it. The carpet was disgusting. Floors were very dirty, had to sweep and mop them myself. Broken broom and no mop so had to use washcloths. I was very disappointed for the price of this house it should of been clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple