Sandpiper Motel
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$172
US$314
AscendHotels
US$258
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$189
Hyatt.com
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$201
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstwo double bedskey westfull kitchensombrero beachcatskeyskitchenetteconveniencestove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2009

Each year, my son and two of my friends schedule a bike trip to various parts of the country, in order to relax and ride our motorcycles. This year, we picked the Florida Keys and chanced upon the Sandpiper Motel, in Marathon. This was the best bargain that I've found in a long, long time. The rooms were clean and the manager, Anita, could not have been more accommodating to us. She not only went out of her way to make sure that we were comfortable, she was a tremendous resource for finding places to eat and things to do. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Marathon is about 50 miles from Key West and, on our Harleys, about an hour ride from Duval Street. We found this to be very convenient to virtually everything that the Keys have to offer.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the Sandpiper to anyone. It's nothing fancy, just a nice, clean room and very friendly and helpful people.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank craigw23
Reviewed 24 June 2008

We have stayed here now for three months straight. Anita (manager) has been so nice and a great friend during our stay. The Sandpiper is a smaller facility but with eight great rooms offering all the amenities you need. My husband, our 10 month old daughter (7 months when we arrived), myself and our 20 pound cat could not have had it any better. Would stay here again and again and would recommend the Sandpiper to everyone. The price is great! Always $65 a night (plus taxes etc). Thank you Sandpiper Motel, Anita, Feets, Swampie, Little One, Puss, Heidi and Sassie for a wonderful time in the Keys!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank TravelingEquine
Reviewed 27 May 2008

Booked our room based on TripAdvisor reviews - and was not disappointed. Nice, relaxing tropical theme in rooms, ice cold A/C, ceiling fan, kitchen. Nice, central Keys location, close to many great dining and drinking establishments, and not too far from Key West and other great destinations. Manager (Anita) was very nice and accomodating. If you are loking for granite countertops, fancy fixtures, and goumet coffee service - book somewhere else. If you want a simple, clean, affordable and cozy place to sty - book at the Sandpiper.
A few gripes - no shampoo in room, beds are a bit worn, and limited parking - but these small issues will not stop me from booking with the Sandpiper again. :)

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SuperSix231
Reviewed 24 May 2008

We saw the sign, asked to see a room and paid.
All rooms include a kitchen, are clean and have eclectic furnishings with a tropical motif. The manager is friendly, informative and personally stenciled the room walls. Their are benches and a grill for guest use.
This is an unusual property with a warm feel and at $65 is real bargain for the Keys.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank exvector
Reviewed 11 February 2008

I would highly recommend to anybody to stay at the Sandpiper Motel. Not only is the price affordable, but the rooms are VERY CLEAN. The manager that runs the place is very friendly and helpful. If you have any questions of where places are at or things to do, she would be the one to ask. I enjoyed chatting with her. I do plan to go back to the Keys; and when I do I will definitely stay at the Sandpiper Motel. I was very pleased. ;-)

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo