“new management is great”
Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #7 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
Ft. lauderdale
“new management is great”
Reviewed 11 February 2007

I visited the Keys back in 2005 and stayed at the Sandpiper,i will admit it was terrible !The rooms were run down and falling apart and the manager was rude(when you could even get ahold of her). I recently came back to the beautiful flordia keys only to find i had no room to stay in when my resort,Tranquility Bay, had over booked! Frustrated and tired, i went across the street to the sandpiper. The new manager (Anita I believer her name is) had one room left and asured me the rooms were better. She has re-done the whole place inside and out. After looking at the room i couldnt believe it was the same place! Small yet cozy and tropical all the way. She has painted all the rooms and put a great tropical feel to them. They are clean and comfortable, great for the price! New improvements with no new outragous price increase! Although i had to switch rooms i spent my whole visit staying at the Sandpiper! I highly advise anyone who has stayed in the past to go back and see the wonderful change for yourself!

• Liked — The landscaping and the Tropical stenciling in the rooms
  • Disliked — no pool or beach
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank Keyzy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 27 January 2007

My family and I stayed at the Sandpiper Motel a couple years ago. I was reminded of the motel when I recently came across a travel file. It evoked such strong feelings, I decided to finally write a review, the first I've written for TripAdvisor.
About all the 'Piper has going for it is its cheap rate. The room we stayed in was next to the highway and very noisy, even with closed windows. Tiny, black beetles inhabited the shower. The room had an unclean odor and feel to it. The clerk at the front desk was not helpful when we asked for a different room (because of the noise), claiming there were no other rooms available. If we had not already guaranteed the room with a credit card, we honestly would have left and found a different motel. Even with the low price, I would absolutely not stay at the Sandpiper again.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CO_Travel_Addict
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 March 2006

Loved this little motel set in the middle of the keys. The price was fantastic, and the motel itself was clean with friendly staff. For a budget weekend getaway, this is the place. I'm even thinking of going back and staying there again this year.

• Stayed April 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 December 2002

We were surprised to find a nice clean place to stay, at such a reasonable price, in the Florida Keys.

The room was only $55, for two people.. and I think that price only rises a few dollars during the tourist season?

We found Marathon to be much more peaceful and relaxing than staying in Key West or Key Largo.

Some nice wild places to explore are Coco Plum Beach and Boot Key.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member