“AWESOME”

Blackfin Resort and Marina
Ranked #5 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My Dragon Boat team was looking for a place to stay at while we attended the Battle in the Bay race. Our event director called Blackfin Resort & spoke with Mark. We able to block rooms for our group. My room was the large efficiency. It was very nice & clean. The bed was comfy. We bought our dog which was great & only charged an extra $10 a day (she over 30lbs) There is a restaurant called Hurricane on the property that serves great lunch/dinner. Also on site is Tilden's Scuba Center if you are in the mood to dive/snuba. As you see Blackfin is conveniently located near restaurants & activities. Oh & dont miss the Amazing Sunset at the Lighthouse Point at the end of the Blackfin Marina. My team Jax Fire Dragons want to thank Blackfin for their superior Customer Service. Paddles up! :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank FitBear69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Forney, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find there is a pool here at Blackfin Resort and Marina, along with a waterfront area from which we saw both sunrise and sunset. The place reminded me of places in Michigan's Upper Peninsula - not fancy but very nice and relaxing. Be sure to use insect repellent on your legs if you sit out by the waterfront for any length of time (that may be wise no matter where you are along the waterfront). And I don't remember the names of the men who were at the front desk at night and in the morning, but you will not meet nicer men.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rick H
New Mexico
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Old hotel but in a good, quiet location. TV didn't work very well but it was not a big deal. nice area in back to watch the sunset. Decent place to stay that will not break the bank. Take a trip to sombrero beach for a nice relaxing walk or to spend part of your day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I had the worst stay at this place. The room was ok for just one night but because we were staying one night the owner put us in the worst room available. There were stray emaciated cats all over the place, our room faced some really seedy apartments, I guess you could call them that. The place was overgrown and not taken care of. It was not as advertised and the reviews had to be planted. I will NEVER spend my hard earned money here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kimvance86
Keeseville, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This small family run resort is nice and quaint and recently renovated. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely soft, almost too soft if that's possible. The bathroom is a tad small but wasn't too much of an issue. The only problem we had was on our first night the A/C wasn't working right, but after talking with the very nice owners they had their handyman there within 5 minutes and we had a new A/C within 15. The property has nice little sitting areas and little walking paths through the palm trees. The marina is great too and we actually spotted a Manatee swimming out of the marina as well as some big colorful fish off the docks. If your looking to stay in the keys and want to be in the middle of everything this place is the place to stay. Its equal distance from Key West and Islamorada as well as being close to other nice places like Bahia Honda State Park and the Big Pine Key Deer Sanctuary. Add to that the owners are super nice this place is a little slice of paradise.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank ploofster83
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When I first learned that the hotel we would be staying at in Marathon was pet-friendly because our friends were bringing their dog that I love dearly, I was beyond concerned over the quality of the rooms. While I love my dog like a child, it is my tendency to avoid hotels that are pet-friendly. As I was first driving up to the hotel, my concerns over the quality and cleanliness of the rooms were intensified. My concerns were alleviated once I walked up the stairs into the room. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and openness of our room. From what I could see, there was no dog hair or other visual remnants of pets.

Our room was a 2 bedroom apartment. It wasn't spectacular, but it was comfortable, conveniently located, extremely affordable and offered dock space. Our room was huge, but it had an "interesting" layout. Immediately upon entering the room, there was a large living area to the left with an L-shaped couch, coffee table and television set with a day bed to the right. The couch in the main living room looked raunchy. It desperately needs to be replaced. I grabbed an extra blanket to wrap on top of the couch before sitting down.

Our room had an open kitchen with a dining room table. The kitchen was stocked with garbage bags and a small container of dish soap, which we had to search to find. The kitchen also had just enough dishes, glasses, silverware, and pots to make work.

There were two bedrooms toward the right side of the room. Each bedroom had two queen beds. Therefore, between the day bed in the living room and the four queen beds in the bedrooms, 10 adults could comfortably sleep, although I would not recommend cramming 10 people in this room. Each bedroom also had huge closets.

The first full bathroom was toward the left of the room in between the living area and the kitchen and was not connected to either bedroom. It was obvious the bathroom had recently been redone. It was very clean and looked brand-sparkly new.

The second full bathroom, which looked almost identical to the first bathroom, was in the middle of and accessible by the two bedrooms.

Our friend warned us to try out both of the beds in our room before committing to one, as one bed in his room was remarkably more comfortable than the other. Perhaps the hotel is in the process of replacing their mattresses because both of the beds in the room my husband and I were sleeping in were old, worn out, and not very comfortable.

The next morning, my husband and I were woken bright and early by the sun coming in through the bedroom window. The curtain in the open closet offered very little protection from the sunlight. We didn't mind as we wanted to make the most of our day anyhow.

Overall, the hotel exceeded expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple