More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Doug has been fishing the Florida Keys for 15yrs. He offers many types of fishing trips from offshore to inshore trips. Whether you want to catch dolphin, sailfish, wahoo, tuna, snapper, grouper, cobia, tarpon Captain Doug can put you on the fish of a lifetime. He runs two boats depending on what you want to fish for; a 30ft center console equipped with a tower and a 19ft bay boat for shallow water fishing. People of all ages will enjoy this type of event. Be sure to call Captain Doug to schedule your next fishing trip
Miami
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great fishing caught many fish. Biggest fish I have ever caught. Put me on two amber jacks boat was clean. Provided water and was very nice.

Tampa, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Little fish, big money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and 15 year old son had never been fishing from a boat. First I asked for tarpon fishing and was told that other fish were biting and that we could catch more. I asked for bay fishing with calmer waters and was told that the reef was the best fishing. So I booked a 4 hour trip. We went out to the reef: it takes about an hour to get there. We started fishing and within an hour had caught about 20 fish, however all in the 6 to 10 inch range. The sea was choppy and my wife had to quit after an hour because of sea sickness, so we headed back. Total time in and out: 3 hours, of which one hour was spent fishing. Can't keep anything under 12 inches, so no results and no fotos. I was fine, but kept asking where are the bigger fish and was told they will eventually come. I should have insisted on calmer water; but I trusted Captain Kelley, a young man in his early 30's, whose been living in the Keys for a year after reading the reviews. Next time I'll know better.

1 Thank DocAndyHouston
Captain Doug K, Owner at Captain Doug Kelley Florida Keys Fishing Charter, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
I am sorry that you were not happy with your fishing trip. We caught plenty of keeper yellowtail which you didn't want to eat or take pictures of not one of which was 6". When I asked about fileting the fish you said "they were too small". Not quite sure what to say other than its unfortunate you felt the need to post a negative review. The weather was spectacular 5 knot winds sea 1ft or less.
Suffolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reef Fishing Marathon Fl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great fishing.. Had a ball. Just Doug and I. Found Yellow tail as storm hit. Almost cought limit but safety first. Lot's of lightning strikes. Made for shelter. Already making plans to return and hook up with Doug again with my boys. Thanks Doug. Great time.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fishing Extravaganza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Took the kids fishing with Captain Doug Kelley this past weekend. We had a great time! They had a blast catching fish after fish after fish. I even got tired of taking pictures! Captain Doug knows where the fish are. His priority is to make sure you have the best fishing experience ever, and he does not disappoint. Looking forward to another fishing adventure with Captain Doug. Thank you again!!!. We really enjoyed it !!!

“father son trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We recently went with Doug on a charter. The winds were strong, which resulted in 6 to 8 ft waves out front on the ocean. We ended up going on the gulf. The bite was on immediately once we dropped the lines. We caught grouper, snapper and cobia. Then later in the day lemon sharks moved into the area. We caught at least 8 of the sharks. Had a great time and definitely would recommend using Doug and plan on returning again.

Visited May 2014