“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Janesville, WI/Dubuque, IA
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed at the Casa del Sol with my parents and brother (all adults) earlier this month. The resort was excellent! The room is great-we had a full kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms (one with a king, the other with 2 doubles), 2.5 bathrooms (one with walk in shower, the other with whirlpool tub), and balconies with wonderful views of the beach/property. The resort is a reasonable distance from town, so it's quieter, but isn't out in the boondocks either. The room was clean and comfortable. Sure, a couple things are a little worn, but it's nothing beyond normal wear and tear, and it was so small that we barely noticed. This resort is basically like staying in a nice condo or apartment.

Room Tip: Choose a room where the door does not face the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank disneygirl89
CasaDelSolBeach, Manager at Casa Del Sol Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you business, and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Casa del Sol in early November. The place was clean and was kept well. The beach area was nice and clean, even when the seaweed is on the beach it is drag clear of the beach. Price was affordable and a good price for that time of year.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel Z
CasaDelSolBeach, Manager at Casa Del Sol Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thanks for the kind words! We loved having you and hope you can stay with us again!
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Worth half the price!
The pictures showing the hotel are a real fraud: before to book I suggest to have a look of the pictures made by customers. The so called "beach" is stinky and full of seaweed: during low tide looks like the moon.
A very noisy main street is very very close to the rooms.
The guy at the desk is unfriendly: he just give you the key without even a "welcome!" we (2 adults and 2 kids) paid about $ 213,00
After a few hours, we escape: for half the price, we got a superb room at the Islander Resort (Mile Marker 82.1 Oceanfront, P.O. BOX 766, Islamorada): we (2 adults and 2 kids) paid about $ 135,00

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank fulcierigraziani
CasaDelSolBeach, Manager at Casa Del Sol Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
First of all, thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry if you feel you were misled about our resort. Please allow me to inform you about the geography of the Florida Keys- these are coral rock islands, and the sandy beaches that you find on the mainland simply don't exist here. Any sandy beach you see in the Keys is man-made, and it is my sincere opinion that ours is as nice as, or nicer than, any other beach from Key Largo to Key West. We work very hard to keep our beach clean and beautiful, and our grounds staffs cleans the beach every day to ensure it is in tip-top shape for our guests. We take all feedback very seriously, but unfortunately we can't meet everyone's expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Marathon hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Some hotels provide you directions of how to get there...this hotel should provide instructions on how to stay here.

I'll start with the rooms. The sheets are so old that they are thinned to the point they've become transparent. Oh and don't plan on having a blanket either. They give you a sheet and the typical dirty hotel comforter that no one uses...thy expect you to use that as your blanket with the worn out sheets.

Don't bother asking for towels either. They'll provide ragged ones with holes if any. Most likely if you need extra, the jerk at the front desk will remind you about the washer and drier they provide in your room with no detergent.

Don't ask for extra pillows. They should just Provide instructions when you come here. Bring everything you can need.

Oh no maid service either. Only every other day.

So with this said, if you plan on coming pretend you're goin camping and bring everything you need. Don't let the granite counter tips and renovations fool you.

The service is horrible. The guy at the front desk couldn't do less with his time. His real job is staring out the window and when asked a question responds with some smart unhelpful answer. Which in the end front desk guy, you're not even funny.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Britrob125
CasaDelSolBeach, Manager at Casa Del Sol Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I don't think the harsh language was necessary, and I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I wish you would've brought some of these matters to our attention while you were here instead of waiting until after you left, as we may have been able to address them. Please understand that this is a small company and we only have a limited number of things like towels and sheets; on busy weekends when we are sold out all of our extra supplies is usually claimed very quickly. We do our best to keep all of our guests happy but unfortunately we have a finite amount of extra towels, sheets, and pillows.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Picked the resort because of their pool and oceanview. Also my father-in-law needed an elevator. Read other reviews and decided to try. Glad we did. We stayed in the 3 bedroom unit. It's a nice place, quiet and clean and down the street is one of the best restaurants on Marathon. The Hideaway Cafe. I know the Keys are not known for beaches. There are several swimming beaches to drive to. Casa has on their beach a wonderful Tiki Hut. My father-in-law can't take the sun so it was perfect that he could sit out there with us in the shade and we could sit in the sun feel the ocean breeze and just relax. Don't expect luxury, I enjoyed my stay and would go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank fishfinder56
CasaDelSolBeach, Manager at Casa Del Sol Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Do not stay here! My husband and I brought down my pregnant daughter to vacation in the Keys. When we got there, my daughter became sick and we turned around and went back home. This place not only kept our 2-day deposit but our third day payment as well. They would not credit any of the money back to us and unforunately, neither would Discover card. Stay away from there!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan S
Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry that you had to leave our resort earlier than you planned, but the simple fact is we can't be responsible for the unexpected situations that arise during our guests' stay with us. We don't have control over a guest's condition or their decision to travel and therefore cannot accept responsibility for the results of that decision.
What we can control is ensuring that our rooms are furnished and supplied with clean, modern furniture and appliances, that our property is kept clean and beautiful, and that our guests enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay at our resort.
St. Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My best friend and I arrived mid-week, dropped off our luggage, and went out to dinner our first night there. I packed some jewelry (14K gold earrings, art glass necklaces, and turquoise bracelets) in my soft-sided jewelry case. My jewelry was stored on the very bottom of my suitcase where I packed jeans and a couple of long-sleeved shirts because I was not sure what the weather would be. Because it was warm I never wore these clothes and never wore the jewelry either. Imagine my surprise when I returned home, started unpacking, and my jewelry case was missing. I called the resort and the front desk clerk said there was no jewelry in lost and found. I am at a loss as to how my jewelry went missing as it was packed underneath the clothes I never disrupted on the bottom of my suitcase!!! Beware!!!

Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bea M
, Manager at Casa Del Sol Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
I'm sorry if you had a bad experience but I don't think this review is the right way to address it. Your implication that one of our staff entered your room and robbed you is very unfair to us. I'm sorry if you lost something valuable, but please don't blame it on us. I proudly stand behind the work ethic and integrity of all of our staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Seashell Beach Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Lime Tree Bay Resort

Been to Casa Del Sol Beach Resort? Share your experiences!