See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2014

A few weeks ago I stayed at the Casa Del Sol and it was a bad experience. When I arrived the toilet was not working, the blinds are broken so you can't get privacy, the faucets were all loose, both beds was horrible and made a lot of noise getting in and out, couch was dirty, no stopper in tub so my wife could not take a bath, garbage all over the beach, etc., etc. I was told the tractor was broke so the beach couldn't be cleaned. The toilet was fixed but they didn't care much about replacing the blinds and changing out the beds. Also the pool looked dirty. The front desk knows the problems but they are not very willing to fix the problems. They would not give me the owners name or give me a break on the price. The front desk told me the owners name is Mr. B and I hope he reads this.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank george B
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was the nastiest place ever. Staff didn't care at all after being told, guess they just work( let me take that back they don't work) actually they are just there taking up space. If you are into roaches this is the place to be. Bedding is the dirtiest, picture you see on computer is when it was first built it looks like a junkyard now.. Bedbugs are many. Tv's do not work. just a come on to get you there. The sorriest beach ever. Please keep looking don't stop here for a rest or vacation. We will never ever go back and I will not ever recommend casa del sol. Should be casa del roach. They must pay off the board of health Have a good day and please go somewhere else.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank LorraineAnd Bob B
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The best thing I can say is the room was just ok. The advertisement is totally false. The "beach" was covered in trash and sea grass. The smell was like a sewer. The only access to the water was through the horrible looking and smelling trash and grass. The staff acted as though it was not common to have this mess, but from other reviews I can see this is the norm. Please Please heed my warning and save yourself a major disappointment and major money and avoid this place at all cost!!!!! If I could give a lower rating it would be in the negatives! The furniture was broken down and in ratty shape, and the room smelled like bleach and mildew. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sara K
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed her for two days before we left after dealing with two nights of bed bugs. The towels provided were stained all different colors. The beach was full of seaweed and the pool horrible. The outside of the hotel was scary. The inside of the room had been redone and looked nice. When the management was told about the bed bugs and shown the numerous bites on my family they would not refund our money for the time we were there and the owners would not return our calls.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank CC B
Reviewed 6 August 2013

i rented the 4bd house for $400/night first of all there was NO A/C!! i dont know about you but when i rent i first look at the pictures shown in the renting website and this was a COMPLETE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT NOTHING AT ALL LIKE THE PICTURES IN THE WEB!!!!! secondly, no housekeeping no towels no service at all....im assuming that when you rent a beachouse you go mainly for the beach, ok thats the last thing i did cause the beach was extremely dirty and not taken care of properly.... HORRIBLE A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A NICE GET-A-WAY!!!!

Date of stay: August 2013