“Has it all!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House

Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stonegrill Dining is a new and exciting experience that allows your meal to be presented while cooking on a stone heated to 750 degrees to your table. High temperature sears in all the natural juices, nutrients & flavor giving you a taste beyond anything you've ever experienced. The Stonegrill is moisture activated. When the food is cooked, it will release from the stone, allowing you to turn it over or remove it without sticking. By dining from the Stonegrill, you are able to enjoy a meal freshly grilled to personal taste, whether it be rare, medium or well done. Your food will remain hot, allowing you to dine at leisure. Stonegrill Dining is recognized as one of the healthiest methods of cooking. The absence of oils or fats and the quick searing of food at high temperatures ensure delicious and healthy meals lower in calories that traditional cooking methods allow and taste unique to a Stonegrill.
St. Augustine, Florida
“Has it all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have been there MANY times. We go to Happy Hour and enjoy a very nice selection of very reasonably priced beers. our favorite happy hour "bites" are the JB salmon roll and the tuna tataki.
$4.95 each and Beautifully presented! The bar is beautiful ambience, comfortable, and very friendly, efficient staff. ( two large flat screen tvs, but NO volume... Just captions THANKFULLY. (Usually soft adult music..sometimes island music....at low volume, THANKFULLY. The decor IS very special....many lovely works of art. My favorites are the large round leaded glass created beauties hanging in the large round windows. The "waterfall wall" with changing color and bubbles is a welcome backdrop after the heat on the street. This is an adult restaurant for fine dining, yet the bar is a nice place to visit with friends while enjoying some samples of excellent cuisine. This is across the street from a very large city marina, which was great for us during the many weeks we were moored in Marathon. TRY it.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rick-Pam A
John E, Owner at Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you a ton Rick & Pam for taking the time to review us! We are so happy that you enjoy our restaurant. We look forward to serving you again!!! Have a great day.

Summerville, South Carolina
“overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My family went for dinner. Most of the items on the menu were $20 or higher. Crab cake entree $24.95 had 2 cakes that had a lot of filling in them. One would think being near the ocean, seafood would be cheaper. The outside paint on the building makes you think it is a casual seafood restaurant. Inside you will find a overpriced place trying to be high class.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John E, Owner at Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Nina,
I wish that the seafood was less expensive in the Florida Keys, but as you probably found out everything is more expensive here. The crab comes from the middle Atlantic sea coast and is shipped to Florida, therefor making it more expensive. The fish that we use is all local fresh snapper, grouper, mahi, and hogfish and the fact is that fresh fish costs more but tastes better than frozen processed fish which is half the price. We are sorry that you feel that way about our restaurant.
The Villages, Florida
“Good Food & Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived about 7pm on Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend and were promptly seated. The hostess was very friendly and accommodating. I had the French Onion soup as a appetizer. I found the stock to be a little richer than most with a slight tang. This was one of the better French Onion soups I have had. We each order the grilled snapper filet with sautéed spinach and a side salad. I thought everything was fresh and well prepared. My girl friend said she would have preferred her snapper with less seasoning, but she still enjoyed her dish. We each had a slice of key lime pie, which was excellent. The waiter said that they baked the key lime pie on the premises. The service was excellent. Jose M, our server, came by after each course to find out how we liked the dish. Jose and the receptionist made us feel that they truly appreciated our business. The atmosphere was nothing special, round windows, nautical decor, and painted white paneled wood walls typical of this type restaurant. The place seemed clean. Because of the good food and friendly and efficient service - I would return. Before gratuity and without alcoholic drinks, dinner for two was $69.00.
After a great meal the first time, we returned on May 30th and we both ordered the Prime Rib special. The prime rib came out looking large for a 16 Oz Prime Rib. Turns out that the fatty and grisly parts of the meat were not trimmed off in the kitchen. The main part of the rib was tender and the seasoning tasty. However, the chef needs to trim the prime rib before sending it out. We once again had the sautéed spinach and salads and they were both excellent. My girlfriend had the key lime pie - which she believes to be the best she had over our weeks stay in Marathon. She loves the tart flavor. I had a dessert called Xhango (a Mexican desert described as banana & caramel in a flaky pastry shell fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with caramel). It was excellent! Service was excellent once again. Joseph M, our server, was courteous, attentive, and professional. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant - but I probably would not reorder the prime rib. Dinner for 2 before gratuity was just under $70.00 (Consistent with our first visit).

1 Thank SteveBressi
Dear Steve,
I want to personally thank you for your comments. I would also like to apologize for the prime rib. We order certified angus which tends to have a lot more fat that adds to the flavor. However I agree that it would present itself better if the fat was trimmed off in the kitchen. Most people that we have discussed this with would prefer the entire slice going to the table instead of cutting off the fat. I am in the process of negotiating with other meat suppliers that tell me that they can sell us the entire rib with less fat. Thanks again for your comments and hope to serve you again!
London, United Kingdom
“Went twice in a week it was so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We loved this restaurant! Great service, excellent food, good bar experience but the bone in filet mignon steak was in a league of its own! Tender and delicious. The lobster was also memorable, meaty and tender and oh so yummy! I cannot recommend this more highly don't miss this star player!
A word of advice: go for the double lobster tail option or you will end up sharing with darling !

2 Thank 186338SimoneP
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meals. We look forward to serving you again!
Blackfoot, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lon H ..Best steak I have had in years...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Being from Idaho I'm very cautious when ordering a steak in fl keys noted for excellent seafood .. I tried the bone in filet mignon and I have to say in many years of having the best steaks in some of the best restaurants the bone in filet I got was the best tasting steak I have ever had..you can't enjoy the best food without the same quality of table service...the server was excellent ...the seafood the other three people in our party had were as pleased as. I was ..we will return many times to try other items on the very well laid out menu....but I know I'll want to repeat the bone in filet...we did not try the sushi yet but from
what we saw on other tables the presentation was done by a very creative sushi chef.

1 Thank Lonnie H
Thank you so much Lon for taking the time to review our restaurant. It is our pleasure to serve you!!!! Hope to see you again soon.