“My Stepdad loved the Lobster Reuben; the lobster mac n cheese was good”
Review of Keys Fisheries

Keys Fisheries
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Home of the Lobster Reuben! Fresh local seafood and Tiki Raw Bar. Waterfront dining on the bay. Fish market featuring fresh local fish, Key West Pink Shrimp, Lobster, Stone Crabs, House made soups, Key lime pie. A favorite locals seafood restaurant and market. Also check out our charter boat row for great fishing with the best captains in the keys.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Went here by boat with my family to grab a bite. Liked the atmosphere of the place; feels like you are with the working local fishermen. Lady that took our order at the window was really nice. Enjoyed sitting outside; a one of a kind place. My Stepdad loved the Lobster Reuben. I tried it and it was delicious. He said he would definitely order that again. The lobster mac and cheese was good but didn't rock my world. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal. Next time I will get the Lobster Reuben. :)

There are newer reviews for Keys Fisheries

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went there for lunch today. Ordered the Lobster Salad wrap. Lots of lettuce, tomato and hardly any lobster. Great fries. Cole slaw was not very good...too much mayonaise. My friend ordered a burger and said that she would give it an 8 out of 10. We sat beside the water and there was a wonderful breeze and lovely view of the water. After eating lunch we went next door to their seafood market and I order some uncooked jumbo shrimp to bring home and cook later in the week. I got a pound and a half of jumbo shrimp for $20. I would go back to the Keys Fisheries and probably try something else because I enjoyed the casual ambience and being right next to the water. Reminder: This is a place where you order at a window and pick out your own seats. No table service. VERY CASUAL

Reviewed 16 November 2013

After visiting Pigeon Key I asked the lady at the society's cash register where she would go for lunch - without hesitation she said Keys Fisheries. In a place like Marathon there are so many small places along the highway that w/o some help from a local it would be easy to go wrong, so I;m glad I asked. Men might not like to ask for directions, but when it comes to food that is a different story.

Keys Fisheries is the type of place that I think most people would call 'a find'. It is on the water, but part of a small working harbour. The short road off Highway 1 passes by a large number of piled lobster traps and ends at a dirt parking lot. Orders are placed at a window after reading the large menu posted on the wall. I decided to try the lobster reuben because it is apparently their signature thing and Alison stayed traditional with a fried grouper sandwich. As I approached the window to order the girl inside surprised me by saying - "Name a movie!". I blurted out the first thing that came into my head - "Jaws". Then it dawned on me that this is how they call out the order when it is ready. I'm glad I didn't say "Deep Throat".

The dining is all al fresco with picnic tables right on the water. While waiting for your order look for the fish food dispenser and buy a couple of handfuls. You might not see any fish, but within seconds of throwing in some food the water boils like it was full of piranhas. This is good entertainment for 25 cents a pop.

The food was very good to excellent. The grouper sandwich was done perfectly and the lobster reuben was better than I expected. It tasted more like a traditional reuben than a lobster roll. Amazing that you can get lobster meat to morph into pastrami.

The only downside is that smoking is allowed at all the tables, but we were able to find a table well away from some that had smokers at them.

So if your in Marathon for lunch and can't decide between all the choices take a tip from a local and go to Keys Fisheries.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

On our twice yearly visits to the Keys, we always stop here and get our fill of stone crab claws..In season. Even tho they were out of the popular $2 claws special, the hot claw dinner was just as good a deal and came with two sides. Try the lobster reuben, because, well there's not many places you can get them! The key lime pie is yummy as well. One of our fave places to take folks new to the Keys.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This place advertises the lobster Reuben, which I didn't have. They don't put any lobster in the lobster bisque, however--skip the soup. Grouper was pretty good, but covered with odd seasoning. This is a self-serve place, so if you want wait service, its not for you.