“Great place ran by great people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marathon
Gulf View Waterfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
West Palm Beach
“Great place ran by great people”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I spent the weekend with my family at the Gulf View. We were greeted by Stephanie and Mike, the owners, and were welcomed from the beginning and throughout the entire weekend. Our room was great and definately worth the money. We stayed in room 19 and it was very comfortable. This was one of the best stays I have had at a hotel. If you are going to the keys, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get the two room suite. It is almost like home.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WestPalmBeachDaddeo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The property is very pretty and overlooking the Gulf. Our room was very clean and had just what we needed for our week's stay. Mike, the owner, was extremely friendly and very accommodating. He gave us some good places to go and visit and have a good meal. We really enjoyed our stay. It was quiet and calming. We fished off the dock, met the parrots out front, and had a nice time. We were about an hour from Key West and that is always a nice ride to take. We will definitely be staying here next year.

The Smiths

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Lots of places say they're pet friendly, but hit ya w/size, qty, or breed restrictions. Mike & Stephanie are wonderful people and truly are animal lovers. Our baby is an 82lb white, fluffy sweetheart and they made us feel so comfortable having her as a guest. The place is small, old (1968) very quaint and quiet. It was hit by Hurricane Wilma in '05 and they have done an awesome job rebuilding it. So, unless you're looking for a quiet, small, old Florida well run motel/resort owned by just awesome people sitting right on the water w/a pool, dock, cook out area and lots of lush tropical plants, there's no reason to stay there. If ya own a large dog and are tired of being turned down, this is the place you want in the middle keys. Oh yea, my dog was a little confused when one of the tropical birds living there said "I love you" ........... too funny!

Thanks Mike & Stephanie

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here... it was small and quiet... not too many rooms so not too many people. The pools was ours alone at times which is nice compared to some places where the crowds were too much.

The place was clean and comfortable which is more than can be said about many places. I would only fault them on our kitchen lacking some basic utensils.

We would come back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kyleent
Pelham, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We just returned from a 6 night stay. The property is typically old Florida. The owners are wonderful people and any issues we had with the room/housekeeping were addressed immediately and with a smile.
The whole property could use some serious TLC, but for the money we spent I think we had great value for our time spent near Marathon.
The pool area was lovely and is true to the pictures that you see. It was very windy when we were there so we did not take out the free canoes or kayaks.
It was just okay for us, but I think it would be a great place for a family as long as you are not looking for a high end resort type place. There are nice BBQ's outside almost every room and there is lots of room and things to do for children. There is a lawn to play ball or get croquet from the office, putting green, pool, kayaks, hammocks and the often mentioned birds and turtles on site. There are different sized rooms and also small apartments. While we were there a large family stayed for a few days and the kids had a great time! You can't swim offshore but Sombrero Beach is quite close and free.
This may be the exact place you are looking for just read thru these reviews carefully!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laurelie
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I planned my trip to Marathon, Florida to buy a sailboat to live on. I also wanted to see dolphins, so when I checked the websites I noticed that the Gulf View Resort was near the Dolphin Research Center and green. I decided that the Gulf View Resort would be a good place to start. I had every intention of moving to several different resorts to get a "feel" for the area. I stayed at the Gulf View Resort for 60 days. The service was excellent. Coffee is provided every day at 7:00 AM and can be a social event if that's what you want. Housekeeping was always well done, from no service to full service, and your schedule is accommodated where possible. And if you mention that you need something out of the ordinary like a lunch cooler if possible it will quietly appear. I stayed in both the small efficiency room and the 1 bedroom unit. Both were tastefully decorated in tropical style with the bonus of some very nice framed art by a local artist who also provided some beautiful murals around the property also. The location, out of the town proper and on a small bay is very nice and quiet, not "busy." There is a restaurant, the Dolphin Research Center, and a full service marina all within a short walk. i fished off the pier and from on of the small boats and I did very well catching snapper, barracuda, and sharks, plus grunts and grouper. The paddle boats, kayaks, and canoes are all in good shape and ready for guests to use. The heated pool is also attractive especially to the children. I stayed so long that I became very fond of the birds. Coco was the star, but i got to know them all from little Rudy to big Mango. the thing I liked best was the landscaping and the quiet location. The resort was completely landscaped after Wilma. That renovation is fully mature now and magnificent to behold. The tropical atmosphere is enhanced by being surrounded by all the healthy trees and shrubs. The resort continues to push to be greener from recycling to collecting rain water for landscaping to attaining a comprehensive certificate for green compliance. The thing I liked least was leaving., but I'm planning on returning in Oct. 2013. I never did find that sailboat. Thanks Stephanie and Mike!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in both the small efficiency room and the larger 1 bedroom apt. They both had a large tied...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank willie f
Richmond Hill, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Husband & I just returned from a Thanksgiving trip to Marathon, FL (Keys). Had an outstanding vacation and loved the accomodations provided at the Gulf View Waterfront Resort...owners and staff were all very friendly, accomodating and on-hand to answer questions and inquires about local resources for fun outings. Will be returning. Loved the aviary & Coco was a hoot...loved returning to our room each day to see what new "towel animal" awaited us (you'll understand once you've stayed there). Our own private balcony & grill...it doesn't get much better than that!!! Beth & Chuck Rawlinson, Richmond Hill, GA

Room Tip: Only reated fitness center low, as there isn't a "fitness center" per say...but if you...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
#10 of 17 in Marathon
The Hammocks at Marathon
The Hammocks at Marathon
#8 of 17 in Marathon

Been to Gulf View Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!