“Quiet and relaxing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marathon
Gulf View Waterfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place is very old Florida - not fancy but a nice small resort at which to relax. The owners and staff were nice and helpful. The rooms were adequate, we split our stay between a small one bedroom and a larger two bedroom, I would recommend the larger room for the small difference in rates. The one bedroom was almost too small for two people. The kitchens are well equipped. The housekeeping was just ok, not a lot of attention to detail. We loved the pool, it was warm and clean and never crowded. We also like the hammocks and using the kayaks. The coffee in the morning and the restaurant within walking distance were bonuses. Even though the place was full on the weekend we were there, it still seemed like we had the place to ourselves.

Room Tip: Go with the larger room if you can afford to.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I loved this place. It is a small complex and very much in the old style. The owner was very helpful. We arrived late in the afternoon after driving all the way from Fort Myers that day. We were hungry and asked for a recommendation. She recommended the Hide Away Café in Marathon and even made a reservation for us. The restaurant was a small place on the beach with great service and food! As for the grounds, they were very nice. There is a nice pool, a yards with palm trees, hammocks, a small beach and boat dock, plus a tiki hut with picnic tables. There were complimentary paddle boats and kayaks for our use. In the morning the provide complimentary coffee and tea by 7:00AM in the yard under the tiki hut. Our room was very clean, included a small kitchen and eating area, two beds and a great view of the Gulf from our room . We also had a nice deck area with umbrella, table and chairs. The price was very reasonable for being in the Keys.We would definitely stay here again if we came to this area.

2  Thank traveler1106
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Having stayed in many motels, hotels, hostels, B&B's, homestays, etc... this is the second time I have ever felt motivated to make a recommendation. It is an old style place, clean and functional. I laid in bed while watching the sun shine on palm trees fluttering in the wind. My room was small, as was the price. The room amenities were well thought out with supplies for needs I would not have thought of. (like a freezer bag to take and use on the beach) Clean sand, small boats to use, a heated pool, grill, tables, lounge chairs, etc... hammocks in the shade tied to palm trees on a grassy lawn, the care in the landscaping reflects the care for the customer. Most important for me... it is a family run resort, pet friendly with no extra charges and the hosts extend their hospitality in friendship. Its a great spot for one night, a quiet get away, but I would need at least four nights to get my fill next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan4cs6s
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everything was truly pleasant from booking until check out.This is a peaceful, beautiful resort with a helpful yet invisible staff.Very low key with friendly, happy guests. My boyfriend and I made some great connections. I would love to come back anytime in the future...
Sincerely, Mary

1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Mike and Stephanie went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. We only stayed one night on this trip but would consider using it as a home base for future trips to the Keys. The grounds are lovely, you can walk to several restaurants, and the Dolphin Research Center is only 100 yards down the road. Very nice pool, too!

Room Tip: They have efficiencies and outdoor grills.
1  Thank Yvonne S
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights. Great little family run hotel, that is very relaxing and low key. (Dog and kid friendly) Good location in the middle keys to get to Key West or other keys for day trips. We always made sure to be back before sunset, to watch the sun go down with our friends. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. We grilled out one night on their nice old fashioned brick BBQ, it draws great and the smell of the charcoal fire takes me back to my childhood vacations. Plenty of gas grills if you want to use them. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights, and found it a very clean, comfortable, covenant and friendly place. It is an older hotel, but has everything you need and it all works. We enjoyed the kayaking in the gulf right in front. The location is convenient to amenities in Marathon (e.g., stores, golf course) and is a easy drive to Key West. Not fancy, but very comfortable and highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple