Gulf View Waterfront Resort
US$234
US$193
Groupon.com
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$189
Hyatt.com
US$185
US$158
HIExpress.com
US$258
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$201
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$218
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewspaddle boatsdolphin research centerthanks mikepalm treestropical birdsfree kayaksfamily ownedtiki hutgrassy keygas grillkey westevery morningstone crabold floridaheated poolnice poollaid back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights in the beginning of July, including the 4th. So, our first impression was very mixed. We liked the open space and colorful grounds, but were concerned as we walked up the stairs to register and had to dodge old berries on the steps.... They didn't seem to have been swept in days and I didn't want to get any on my shoes! Check in went smooth and then we went into the room. We were staying in the blue and gold macaw room, and I loved the location and placement of the room. It was like walking in to a small apartment, with a full kitchen on the right, a nice sized table on the left, and an open room beyond that with a big bed,futon and tv cabinet. I was disappointed to not find anyplace to unpack my clothes, so we put the bags on the futon and lived out of them for the stay. Also, the bathroom (which had an excellent, strong, and clean shower) didn't have much storage at all, so my husband improvised and set up the small ironing board on top of the luggage rack to make an a extra shelf for toiletries... So, the room decor was dated, but we really didn't care. My husband lit the stove like the old days when we grew up in the Bronx, using a match for the gas pilot light, LOL!!! And the same with the BBQ, LOL!! But, both worked fine, and allowed us to cook and enjoy great local bought food... We stocked the fridge with lots of beverages so we had plenty to drink , haha!! That alone was a huge cost savings on our vacation!! The owners were very helpful and directed us to our new favorite place to eat, Snappers, which was pretty close by. Great coffee shop right next door to Snappers, too!
We really felt like we had our own little studio apartment in a cool and friendly apartment complex, rather than feeling like we were staying at a hotel. This was EXACTLY what we wanted. We wanted to get a feel for the area, and feel like a part of the Keys, not an outsider. The Gulf View was 100% perfect for that. Not to mention we LOVED LOVED LOVED the pool!!!! It was just glorious! I do wish the a/c unit was more powerful, but it kept the room decent and comfortable. I just happen to like cold, LOL!!! So, people can nitpick, I suppose, but we loved it and will be back again someday. We also liked the owners who helped us check in and out, they seemed like real down to earth and cool people, which I find is usually the case with people who are animal lovers.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boyfriend and I decided last minute to come to the keys and we got a room here. They allow dogs of all sizes and most rooms had a dog or two in them. The kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats are free and in good shape. We didn't see much when we went out, but it was great for the first day since we got there around 3 pm. The main complaint is that the room was very hot, but that's because the A/C unit is not in the correct place to cool the entire room. They did have a fan in the room. We were facing West so from 4-8ish it was hot, but we were not normally in the room then. In the mornings they have complimentary coffee and tea. There is also a propane grill for every room. The owners live on property and you can see them and the family around the property maintaining it.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone with a dog!

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the first floor would be cooler.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a superb one-night experience at this little place on the Overseas Highway. The accommodations are certainly not modern, but our two-bedroom unit was worked perfectly well for my family of four. It's a clean, well cared-for hotel with nice grounds and an immaculate swimming pool, which we enjoyed using for nearly an hour. We also took the four-person paddle boat out for a spin -- cool! Even the shower gets my rave review, because of the great water pressure. Best of all are the owners/managers, a husband-and-wife team I believe, very nice folks who were spot-on with their dining recommendations (both dinner at Sparky's and breakfast at the Stuffed Pig). We'll remember our stay here for a long time to come.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great hotel for non-needy guests. I stayed in the lobster room it was clean, it had a kitchen and was very inexpensive for a 2-1 in Marathon. Nice grounds, great pool and we had access to kayaks, paddle boats and a canoe. Plenty of grills to cook on and the hammocks were nestled nicely in the palms. The wi-fi was strong and basic cable on the t.v. They are also very people and pet friendly too. This room is great for 3-4 guests that want to enjoy marathon and save money. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We paid for 4 nights and ended up leaving on day 3. After spending days in the sun fishing, swimming, etc you really want to be able to go back to the room and enjoy a cool room. The bathroom door was kept shut the hole time. We ended up asking for a fan to help with the cooling of the room. NOT... it was hot as hell in our room. The AC was set on 60 from day one. The only time the room was cool was at 4am. You would think if your customers are paying $185 a day the room would have a good A/C in it. We ended up going north toward home and paying $85 for a room at the Holiday Inn in Port St Lucy!