“4 Great Days”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Mercerville, United States
“4 Great Days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I did an impromptu 2014 winter trip. I set no itinerary other than east coast of Florida and the Keys. I mainly stayed in La Quintas going down the coast, and found Rainbow Bend on line before heading into the Keys. I booked an efficiency unit. It was 50 feet from the Atlantic Ocean and the view was spectacular. The room was clean and reminded me of the Jersey shore in the 1970's. It was dated, but the air conditioning was excellent and a fresh water pool was 20 steps out my door. Unit came with 12' Boston Whaler daily rental (4 hours). I used it every day. Very fun. I wasn't in the Keys to sit in a room. The restaurant upstairs is very good and you should probably get a reservation at breakfast for that evenings dinner. For $200 a night, I found it to be a good deal. Remember: I had no reservation and it was the end of February. I'd go back in heart beat. Save me a room in 2015!!

Room Tip: Anything facing the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Rainbow Bend is definitely old school. Rooms were clean, but not updated. The free breakfast was great. Price of the room was high, but it comes with a half day use of a Boston Whaler. They best place to visit was the sandbar. Water was warm and beautiful, we had loads of fun snorkeling and saw conch, starfish, sea urchins, an eel and fish. We didn't have enough time to fish. Staff was great, especially the locals who helped with the boats - they gave us great information. Only negative - there was loads of sea grass washed up on the shore. The smell was awful the entire time and we couldn't swim at the small beach. Staff said it was not really normal to have that much sea grass.

Room Tip: We stayed in Octagon Up. It was secluded, and only a little balcony. It was enough room for 2 adul...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just want to say this place is a very nice little spot where you can get away from everything. Our room was very clean, the staff is super friendly & they go that extra mile to make your stay nice & pleasant. Located close to everything, not too far not too close. Me & my wife had a wonderful time & I can say right now we are going back. Robert & Tony were very nice & helpful at the dock & the girls at the front desk are top notch

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom Rooms are very confortable & spacious with jacuzzi.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bridgewater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I call this resort, our Paradise!!! We travel all over the USA. Our summer vacation is defenetly in the Rainbow Bend Resort...among all the beauty;the staff makes it! Thanks to Marsha, Sonya, and all the staff who works so hard to make sure every need of yours is meant...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pearls1930
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We had a perfect weekend here. The staff is so friendly and very helpful. Used the boats one morning for an ocean swim. Great breakfast. Would definitely go back. Very nice rooms with an original Keys feel.

• Stayed June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were very glad we were able to find a place we could call our " little secret" . Ocean view, great breakfast included. The friendly staff makes it the "best place in the lower keys" having two little boys and being able to take them out on the boats to fishing on the docks at night made childhood memories they will never forget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank James G
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is my 5th time back over the last 20 years. We love the location, very quiet but close enough to make day trips just about everywhere in the Keys. The selling point for me is the boats. Boat rentals in the keys are quite expensive so you really need to factor that into the price to see you're getting a pretty good deal. We keep coming back so that should say it all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Amara Cay Resort
Amara Cay Resort
#5 of 19 in Islamorada
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews

Been to Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort? Share your experiences!