“More than we expected”

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The room was even nicer than the photos! Great place to plop down and relax. This is a gem of a resort; private white sand beach, great decor and cozy rooms. Kitchen was nice and we even had a washer/dryer. It's worth the extra $ for a beachfront room. You step out and literally the beach is at your back door. We were not bothered by the iguanas that people have mentioned. Conveniently located in the middle of the Keys. Key West was less than and hour drive and Largo as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Amy S

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My fiance and I stayed for one night with my 2 sisters and their boyfriends and I can tell you that not one of us was disappointed or unimpressed with this place. The 3 bedroom house is HUGE and incredibly beautiful. The kitchen is perfectly stocked with appliances and kitchen tools and big enough for everyone to cook at their heart's desire. Every single one of us slept great and couldn't stop gushing about that uber comfortable bed and heavenly pillows. Best nights sleep I've gotten in a while! The "beach" was lovely and welcoming and, even though it was a bit windy out, the pool was begging to be dipped into. I loved the standing shower of the master bath, the large yet cozy balcony in the bedroom overlooking the property and pool and the relaxing porch that was well kept and just so relaxing. I would definitely recommend this property to everyone. We are already trying to plan our trip back!

Room Tip: The three bedroom was a bargain and big enough to hold 6 people comfortably.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AngieG1983
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had a great time at this resort. I was a bit concerned when reading some of the reviews because I can be a bit picky when it comes to hotels as well as getting a good value for your buck and since Key West can be expensive I wanted to make sure I got the right place. My first priority in finding a place to stay was the size of the unit. I am a strong believer in having a comfortable space for guest, If anyone ever wanted to separate themselves for an hour to themselves they wouldn't get a feeling of claustrophobia in the room. This place was great it had two floors both bedrooms on the 2nd floor were very clean and a great size for a hotel. A front porch and back porch for you to relax by and the property was very clean. We had plenty of space to relax and get away from each other when needed. Distance to restaurants were good and we had plenty of options available and a big grocery store 5 mins away. We were truly comfortable.

Make sure you check if the resort fee is included when you book. I booked from hotels.com and the resort fee was included with the price. I made sure to confirm at check in that the resort fee was already included in the price I paid when I booked, they confirmed it was. At check out they tried to charge me the fee again I brought it to their attention and they apologized so be careful and read before you sign during check out

Room Tip: Make sure you check if the resort fee is included when you book. I booked from hotels.com and the re...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Guish25
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Checked into the resort on 11/1, checked out on 11/3. Had a 3 bedroom, two story town home facing the golf put course, very near the pool. BEAUTIFUL! A wonderful deck outside the master bedroom on the 2nd floor, facing the ocean. The entire suite was spotlessly clean, huge and contained all the amenities offered Upon checking in, I went for a stroll and came across the Tiki Bar where I had met Alex and my apologies for not remembering, a woman named Margaret? Both were extremely pleasant folks to deal with! They answered all my questions and both with big smiles. I commented to them that they seemed very happy, beyond most bar folks I've met before. Their response, was "How can we not be happy working here?" The next day, my two Uncles stopped for a visit, I took them to the Tiki Hut where Alex was working again, and another gentleman, Jeff. Once again, outstanding service, very polite, courteous and beyond accommodating! The Tiki Hut is right there on the beach, close to the water sports hut where you can rent jet skis, kayaks, etc. The prices might seem a bit high, but it is a first class, five star operation all the way! Will for SURE be returning and will recommend this treasure to everyone! THANK YOU TRANQUILITY BAY FOR A LOVELY AND AMAZING STAY!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best. Rooms facing the road, are still very nice, but you can hear a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ExcaliburMarathon
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were looking for a quick getaway from Fort Lauderdale. The grounds are meticulously well kept (like Disney World), beautifully landscaped, the rooms were very spacious. We could have invited another couple. It had a modern kitchen, clean furnishings and two very nice balconies. I called after seeing an on-line ad. They offered the room at $329 and said it was a special AAA reduced price. It wasn't until I mentioned the on-line price of $279 that they offered it to me... so beware. Nice and relaxing, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Clean, Quiet, tropical and an okay value
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chhoward3
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Due to an unexpected delay, we checked in at 10:30 p.m. on a week night. We requested a late check out because we were scuba diving at 8 a.m. the next morning. We were told to check back in the morning. At 7 a.m., we were told they could not permit a late checkout. I feel that no effort whatsoever was made to accomodate our need. I find it hard to believe that they could not push the cleaning of our one unit back a couple hours to allow us to shower and see the facilities during the day. In addition, they were very short with me.

We travel frequently and I will not visit this resort in the future. Very disappointed. I was really looking forward to seeing the resort. I changed our reservation at the last minute because it looked so special.

Room Tip: Don't expect great customer service.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

From the reviews, I was expecting much better.

Houses are beautiful , but there is no beach and the service from staff is average. For such resort and price, I was expecting much more. I also agree with JOanned1998 comment on the iguanas, very big and excrementing all over…and no staff to clean up. The furniture by the pool was old, people left drinks by the pool, on tables…not very clean.

Not a four star at all.

Room Tip: The beach is non existent: it is small and filled with algae and weeds. Hence everyone goes into the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sofia b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Lime Tree Bay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!