Last Friday was my husband’s birthday and I have chosen The Tranquility Bay Hotel (where restaurant is located) since we thought it would be a good place to stay and dine to celebrate.
We drove almost 3 hours from Weston and when arriving at the hotel that night, we had a terrible welcome. After getting in the hotel, with my husband and my 2 boys, we arrived at the restaurant for dinner at 9:07pm. The hostess (unfortunately cannot remember her name) was very unpleasant and told us the restaurant was already closed (7 minutes ago). The restaurant was full and I explained that we were staying at the hotel, that we drove 3 hours, it was a very important celebration for us and on the top of that, my kids were starving. But she denied to serve us.
I started imagining where we could find any descent food / place around there. She has not even said “I am sorry” … or has shown any “commotion” about the situation. After insisting a lot she went inside to – according to her –ask her manager. The answer was “no” again. Now here comes the worst part. She has offered us they could prepare our dinner and serve at our room because they would not have a waitress to serve us at the restaurant. WHAT????
We couldn’t believe and end up leaving very disappointed. You can imagine the type of night we end up having by eating in an awful place with poor and oily food close to the hotel (recommended as one of the other options there).
We really don’t understand how a restaurant can close the kitchen at 9pm in a Friday, in a very touristic place – this is just hard to understand. But worse than that, is pay more that U$400 for a night stay, be willing to pay for a expensive dinner and be treated like that in such circumstances. We felt very disrespected and disappointed.
The fact of the matter is that because of 7 minutes, this hostess and possible her manager, ruined any possibility for us to come back again. Really sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort Marathon, Florida - Florida Keys