Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)
3,758 results
All reviewsthe butterfly cafeadult poolfamily poolthree bedroomlagoon pooltiki bar on the beachmain poolbeach frontkey westbedroom townhouseputting greenwater sportsturtle hospitalfull kitchensea grassadirondack chairsback porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Love this place! 3 couples traveling for a quick get away from the cold weather. Heard about this place from friend. We stayed in Unit #66 which I would highly recommend. It is in end unit with a handicap shower and larger bedroom on the ground floor and two bedrooms with bath on the second level. Marathon is a mellow place that has beautiful water (views from this Hotel), quaint eateries with the freshest seafood you'll find. Tranquility has two pools (one for adults only which we liked), water sports and several putting greens. Nice porches w/ Adirondack chairs made for a very relaxing few days. If you want the hustle of Key West drive there (about one hour)..then return to paradise at Tranquility Bay.

Room Tip: Not all of the units have 3 bedrooms, we stayed in #66 which is on the end with an additional bedroom...worked out great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Last Friday was my husband’s birthday and I have chosen The Tranquility Bay Hotel (where restaurant is located) since we thought it would be a good place to stay and dine to celebrate.

We drove almost 3 hours from Weston and when arriving at the hotel that night, we had a terrible welcome. After getting in the hotel, with my husband and my 2 boys, we arrived at the restaurant for dinner at 9:07pm. The hostess (unfortunately cannot remember her name) was very unpleasant and told us the restaurant was already closed (7 minutes ago). The restaurant was full and I explained that we were staying at the hotel, that we drove 3 hours, it was a very important celebration for us and on the top of that, my kids were starving. But she denied to serve us.

I started imagining where we could find any descent food / place around there. She has not even said “I am sorry” … or has shown any “commotion” about the situation. After insisting a lot she went inside to – according to her –ask her manager. The answer was “no” again. Now here comes the worst part. She has offered us they could prepare our dinner and serve at our room because they would not have a waitress to serve us at the restaurant. WHAT????

We couldn’t believe and end up leaving very disappointed. You can imagine the type of night we end up having by eating in an awful place with poor and oily food close to the hotel (recommended as one of the other options there).

We really don’t understand how a restaurant can close the kitchen at 9pm in a Friday, in a very touristic place – this is just hard to understand. But worse than that, is pay more that U$400 for a night stay, be willing to pay for a expensive dinner and be treated like that in such circumstances. We felt very disrespected and disappointed.

The fact of the matter is that because of 7 minutes, this hostess and possible her manager, ruined any possibility for us to come back again. Really sad.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank AnaCristina1971
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Beautiful, graceful, accommodating, exceeds expectations in every way. Even for the most discriminating traveler, this will be a treat! Staff are ultra friendly, this is the perfect place, and I've stayed all over the Keys.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom townhouse, pool view, views of the ocean from both the upper and lower decks, steps to the pool, steps to the beach. Loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank carollovelace
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed at this resort in a "beach front" 2 story, 2 bedroom townhouse. Our supposedly peaceful dreamy Keys hideaway was located right next to the a turtle sanctuary. When I say right next to.... It was like 8 feet away when sitting on our back deck. Every hour or two, on a MICROPHONE someone at the sanctuary held "turtle talk" for the tours that we're going through the building. I approached an employee on our property that was walking near our building. ( which was way across the property) I told him of my dissatisfaction with the noise. His comment to me was " How do you think I feel? I have to listen to it all day?" Great.... This is going no where....We dealt with it for 2 days...The other downside was that there was also construction of new buildings being added to their facility. We got to listen to that noise as well......Not happy with this location. I really don't think it was worth a bill over $1000 for 2 nights....Never again!

Room Tip: The beach was filthy with seaweed .....Don't go here if you're looking for that!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi W
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The room was even nicer than the photos! Great place to plop down and relax. This is a gem of a resort; private white sand beach, great decor and cozy rooms. Kitchen was nice and we even had a washer/dryer. It's worth the extra $ for a beachfront room. You step out and literally the beach is at your back door. We were not bothered by the iguanas that people have mentioned. Conveniently located in the middle of the Keys. Key West was less than and hour drive and Largo as well.

• Stayed: November 2013