Others have given many details about Tranquility Bay, so I'll just say we thoroughly enjoyed our week-long stay in mid Dec. Our two bedroom/two bath unit was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Yes, the bedrooms and bathrooms are very small, but that was a small detail since everything else about the accommodations and our stay was great. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. We were surprised that we had maid service every day which was very nice!
For those who complained about the on-site beach, Sombrero Beach is a very short distance across to the other side, is a gorgeous beach, very nicely planned with beach grasses in front, easy parking.
We had two very good seafood meals at Burdine's, a typical, casual Key's waterfront restaurant with lots of "local color". Fun! We wanted to go to Castaways, which also sounded very good and fun, but time ran out.
The four or us are "birders", and we knew it would be a slow time of the year, but we did see the white-crowned pigeon. A day of birding in Key West was more productive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort Marathon, Florida - Florida Keys