We checked in on a Friday night after a long, busy, sun filled day in Key West. Whew we were tired. The check-in was easy. Front desk pleasant enough.
The 2 bedroom villa we had was just right. It was updated, had great space and everything we needed. One thing they should add is a way to come and go from the back door. You either had to leave your villa unlocked or go all the way around the front to go to the pool or the beach. The other issue was the thermostat. For a newish property they should have digital thermostats. The unit was either way too cold or too warm. I would have liked to pick a temperature and have it set there, rather than having to guess at what the little dimmer switch might do.
I do wish the Tiki bar had more options. We were too tired for a sit down at Butterfly but wanted more than just nachos at the tiki bar.
First night we noticed that the balcony lights stayed on all night making it pretty bright for sleeping. We were so tired that we slept just fine. The second night, we looked a bit harder and even made a call to the front desk about the lights, still no luck. The thing that was supposed to control the lights on the balcony must not have been working. We learned from the Turtle Hospital next door, that lights off at night are a must for the turtles. I did mention this at check-out, so hopefully they fixed it.
The other issue at night was that the people next door to us, sat out late on their porch, which is about 3 feet from our bedroom window. They way the villas sit, they can not see in, but you can certainly hear noisy voices. Some earplugs helped. It was not that Tranquil at 11:30 pm. one of our nights.
Speaking of tranquil. The pool area was beautiful but anything but tranquil. Very noisy young children playing noisy pool games for hours. One family even gave their children whistles. We were traveling with our kids who are 11 and 13. They are beyond the yelling, crying, shrieking age, but too young for the tranquil pool. The beach area was better, much more tranquil.
I would also like to have had bar service at the pool. With this much rowdy behavior, I would think they'd make a killing.
The clientele when we were there consisted of young international travelling families. Ours is a quieter family with older kids. There were really no kids for them to play with, maybe the time of year, not sure.
We also wondered about recycling. There was one receptacle for everything. I would have liked to have a recycle bin and trash separate. They have signs about reusing your towels to save water, but what about recycling?
I'm not 100% sure if I'd stay again or not. There were some really great things about it, but for that price it should be 100% perfect. The view is terrific, it's just the right angle for the sunset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort Marathon, Florida - Florida Keys