“Just What I Needed”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Just What I Needed”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What I thought was going to be a quick trip to visit my friend, she whisked me off from the airport to what I consider "Heaven". After a very stressful few months, it was just what I needed.
I grew up in Miami and haven't been back to the Keys in years. What a wonderful surprise.
The resort is beautiful, serene and stays true to the laid back lifestyle of the Keys. We had a private villa right on the beach. Coffee in the morning on the deck was so tranquil and peaceful.
The restaurant had the freshest fish and outstanding customer service. Even though the hotel was at capacity, it felt like we had the place to ourselves. The best part was watching the sunset each night from the lounge chairs set up oceanside. Amazing!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leslie Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My stay was exactly what I needed - everything was perfect. I highly recommend Tranquility Bay and will be back again! Cottage was amazing, great views, great food, great service and the spectacular sunsets are not to be missed. I stayed for 2 nights but next trip I will definitely stay longer - I did not want to leave. The restaurant was fabulous , and the Tiki Bar has great drinks. Property is beautiful and well kept and very peaceful. It definitely lives up to it's name. Perfect place to relax, you won't want to leave.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamela B
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After traveling for a day and a half with four kiddos under seven years old, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort was a welcomed destination! I was so impressed upon our arrival (three bedroom water view beach-house) as parking was available right in front of our beach-house. I walked into a bright and open, spacious main level (full kitchen, dining, living, covered deck) - pleasing to the eye with simple decor with a great view out to the palm-tree-lined courtyard with the beach and ocean (gulf side) beyond. I was delighted to run upstairs to find a master suite (with on-suite master bath and private deck) with two additional bedrooms, a second full bath and a LAUNDRY! The laundry made my day! Our first stop was to the beach - a private beach. We made it to the kid-friendly pool (there was also an adults only "relaxation" pool) the next day. We really enjoyed just being our little family, spending time on a very uncrowded beach, and doing everything at our own pace - a great way to kick off our vacation! The kids loved the beach, then the pool, then the beach . . . . They also enjoyed seeing iguanas all around the property. My husband and I liked the comfort and closeness of our beach-house (we were about 100 yards from the beach) and the clean, secure accommodations. Nicely done!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A little voice in my mind told me to book our Marathon beach vacation at Tranquility Bay.l am so glad that I did.

The room was tastefully decorated, with attention to the details and very spacious. The gorgeous beach, calm surroundings and just the feel of the place was excellent.

The customer service also accommodated us in a ground floor room as per my request.

Very memorable and highly recommended.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The property is great. We were here for business and all of us could stay together in one townhouse. There is a large full kitchen add well which is great. There is a pool and lagoon which is nice add well.. dont forget the Tiki bar on the beach either. The only thing that was strange was that when we got back to the hotel one of the bedroom lights were on and the door was slightly ajar on the balcony, especially when none of us had used it yet. Overall a very nice place that I would come to again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lauren K
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A little on the pricy side but well worth it! Clean, very spacious, helpful staff. Well kept property. Really enjoyed my stay. Very relaxing. Would be ideal if the property had a spa rather than a masseuse who comes to your room for treatment, but that's minor. Will be going back for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We just spent 6 nights at The tranquility Bay and we really loved it! The staff was wonderful and accommodating. Our ice maker was broken and they came and fixed it immediately.. The pots and pans are terrible but called the front desk and asked for a better quality one and they brought it to us.
We wish the tiki bar was opened later, it was so fun and relaxing but it closed at 8:30 when everyone was ready to stay and have fun.
The sunsets are beautiful and the grounds and pools were so nice.
We ate at The Butterfly Cafe and it was lovely and the food and service was excellent.
If you like fishing it is fun to have a water front. Our kids spent hours fishing, snorkeling, playing putt putt and meeting other kids and having a good time.
The city of Marathon is just ok and all the restaurants are really expensive even the run down ones.
Overall we loved our trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Lime Tree Bay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!