We stayed at Tranquility Bay from June 12-15, 2014. This was our 5th time staying at this resort. We keep returning because our experiences have all been amazing. This last time was not the case. Similiar to our last few stays, our family had 2 beachfront units (apx. $700 each/night). We thought we had stayed in all possible beachfront areas, recognizing we preferred some spots over others. This particular visit was in an area that I wouldnt even consider beachfront (#27). The sawgrass and vegetation was so thick outside our back balcony we really did not have a clear view of anything. This vegetation also attracked so many mosquitos that we could not sit out on our porch even once (a big hang out for us in past trips).
We are assuming that the housekeeping services were changed slightly. After the first day we requested clean towels 4 times. Eventually we were told they have to wash our towels then return them. Needless to say, they worked on their schedule not ours. We also had a broken ice machine, which was corrected by providing us a 10 lb bag of ice. I would have thought the broken ice machine could have been acknowledged and dealt with before we had to ask.
We have stayed in many townhouse set-ups like this and considering we did have sand outside our back door you would have thought a broom would have been avaiable. Instead we continually swept up with towels (therefore adding to the towel dilema). Speaking of towels, I understand that pool/beach towels do not need to be plush but these were something between sand paper and a paper towel. Instead of offering towels pool side as a convience to guests, they leave them in the room and expect the guests to know that yellow means pool (oh wait ours werent actually there for the first day).
My last observation had to do with check out. Since a late check out could not be accomodated for either of our 2 units, we started to load our cars at 10am to be out by 11am (check out time). As we made several trips back and forth to our cars (we travel heavy) I counted 5 housekeeping teams just sitting on their carts or the front steps of the other units hanging out, presumably waiting for people to leave so they could begin cleaning. Now I understand needing to turn the unit over but to see these staff members all hanging out talking on cell phones (while we humped our stuff past them several times) not one offered to get us a luggage cart, offer a helping hand or think to be a little inconspicuous about their thrill to be sitting there just waiting for people to leave.
I do not want to end on a negative note so I will say that the Butterfly Cafe is as always amazing! The service was great each night we ate there (x2) and the food was delicious. All in all, I no longer find the value in Tranquility that I previously did. I hope they turn things around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort Marathon, Florida - Florida Keys