“Perfect for our needs”

Ranked #3 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
Rocky Hill, New Jersey
“Perfect for our needs”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Dell for one night during our 4-day bike ride from Key Largo to Key West. It is not luxurious, but was perfect for our needs and well-priced. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was nice, comfortable and cool. We took advantage of the laundry on-site which was very convenient. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Czech first
MILANO
Reviewed 16 April 2014

On the trip to Key West we stayed at this motel for one night. Look.. if you go here with high expectations your missing the point..When your traveling and your spending most of your time touristing and doing fun stuff... you need a place to lay your head at night. That's the deal here. No frills.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Let me first say that I have years of hotel resort management behind me. (Both in the US, as well as the Caribbean.)

When I arrived, I knew that this was an outdated motel, but I got the impression it was "cute and outdated". The only thing cute about it is the color of the outside units- bright pink. I had read the reviews on trip advisor, so I thought 1960's, cool.

The staff (Ryan) was nice at check in and nice on the phone. No problems with staff.

However, the moment we opened the door - all we smelled was a musty odor. Like a room that had not been used or aired out. We were in a duplex with small kitchen located in front of the bathroom door.

The duplex is away from the main building and down the back drive a ways, so you are surrounded by private homes. No problems with noise and very private. We did not have anyone on the other side of our duplex, so no noisy motel guests or from private homes.

We stayed in South Beach for 3 nights, Ft. Lauderdale for one, and 2 nights in Marathon at Sea Dell. This was the most expensive motel /hotel of all and by far, the worst.

I am diabetic and travel with syringes. I specifically asked that our room NOT be cleaned, as we were only there for two nights. They cleaned the room. I do this, as I do not like my medications and syringes to be in view of others. There is no safety lock box in the room.

Bathroom is old and outdated. Hairs on the sheets the first night we were there and towels dingy and old. I have pictures which I will try to upload. Kitchen was OK, although we didn't use it, as we were eating out. Mattress was harsh and I woke up with an aching back.

I would not stay there at all nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I cannot offer any tips. I just would not stay there. Ironically, the office is really nice compar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 8172011
Ringgold, Georgia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Classic charming old Keys style... clean and quiet. Friendly helpful staff/owner, great location-short scoot to Sombrero Beach, shops, etc. Very nice lush heated pool area. Best part --AWESOME shower water pressure which is always two thumbs up for me!! Plenty of towels/wash clothes provided and wonderful bath ammenities. Not the Ritz if that's your jam...but comfortable and reasonably priced. Would def stay again! Thanks Sea Dell, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 March 2014

A wonderful, comfortable stay in a vintage motel. Extremely clean, loved the blue and white motif and well-cared for rooms. Ryan helpfully suggested a few restaurants, but we'd recommend the Keys restaurant & marina on 35th street for a great sunset and lots of atmosphere. Will stay here again on our next trip to the Keys.

Room Tip: The standard double was perfectly comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The room was charming and nicely decorated, and the location was fabulous (conveniently mid-point down the Keys). The pool, though small, is very attractive, and for those who prefer the ocean, Sombrero Beach is not far away. The owner was very polite and helpful, and gave us a great map of Marathon with all of the restaurants marked, beach etc. We stayed two nights and had a great sleep both nights. The air conditioning was great, shower pressure was great, and the room has a nice little table with chairs. Wi-fi was excellent.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a back patio door.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Classic Old Keys hotel, clean, friendly and so very convenient to many local activities! Sombrero Beach, Crane Point, Old 7 mile bridge, ferry to Pigeon Key...I could go on! Check out The Wooden Spoon early and The Cracked Conch late and find Savannah's for a treat! We like to travel the Keys and always look for a reasonably priced room with the old keys feel and The Sea Dell provides all this in a lovely location! Singles, couples and family friendly we will recommend The Sea Dell to our friends and family. When my husband and I stay in Marathon again we'll look forward to returning to The Sea Dell! No one should miss "love and sunset" in The Keys!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deckelson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Sea Dell Motel? Share your experiences!