“You're not in the Keys to hang out in your room, right?”
Review of Sea Dell Motel

Sea Dell Motel
Ranked #3 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall, this place was really quaint and comfortable enough, but don't expect anything fancy. Reminded me of the old-school motels where we used to stay with my grandparents. Loved the tropical colors of the buildings and the landscaping all in bloom. Rooms were clean, but somewhat utilitarian. We appreciated the cabinet space with the small fridge. It's directly on the Overseas Highway in Marathon, so puts you close to several family attractions. The people in the front office were always super-nice and helpful. Great place to stay for a night or two. The price is definitely right!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Sea Dell motel is nothing to look at, and in fact may inspire you to drive on by; that would be a mistake. The motel offers you a clean, quiet, convenient, and affordable place to stay in the Keys. If you are staying in Marathon, it is centrally located to all the city has to offer, and is very close to the "shopping district." If you are looking for a base to stay while in the Keys, it is about the center of the islands as well, making an easy trip to Key West as well as Key Largo. As a Keys resident myself, I have stayed here each time temporary lodging was called for, and have never been disappointed. They have WiFi and laundry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband stayed here years ago and I was reluctant on staying here for our 3 day get away.Boy was I wrong. Very clean rooms, and close to everything. Great place for a Great price. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

First time staying at a motel...it's clean and that's all that really matters to me! Close to many restaurants. The pool is okay. The convenience of parking right outside your room is definitely a plus in my book. I'd stay again for another short 2-3 day trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Sea Dell was great! It reminded me of a hotel in the 60's - but in a good way. Clean, comfortable, close to lots of things (beach, restaurants) and in our budget. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The guest laundry was an asset also. We went to Key West for the day and then came back to the Sea Dell. We had a beer by the pool and relaxed after a fun day. It helped having a refrigerator and a microwave. Compared to other hotel prices, we considered ourselves lucky. I would definitely go back again and would recommend it. If you are expecting something really snazzy, keep driving. If you want a great place to stay a few days, pull in the driveway and check it out.

Room Tip: We got the larger room #23
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Marathon was a nice surprise for its small but lagoon beach.
Safe and warm. Great place for kids.
Hotel rooms were not lavish in any way. But they were clean, adequate and extremely well priced if you were on a budget. Visiting the keys can be very expensive. Thanks to the Sea Dell apartments, we could spend 5 days instead of 2.
Staff were extremely accommodating. Nice restaurants in. Marathon, great fish.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bob b
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for a few nights and the room was clean and had all the necessities - good shower, hair dryer, comfortable bed. The room itself was a little shabby and in need of renovation but as long as it was clean it served our purposes.

My only small bug bears - the walls are paper thin so we could hear the couple next door constantly arguing and every car that drove by. Also, the air conditioning was so loud if made it hard to sleep.

Housekeeping must have left the door open one day whilst cleaning because we returned to find a lizard enjoying some of my leftover candy! I spoke to front desk and he quickly came and removed it for me

It's a good hotel and for the price I would stay here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple