“Great location, nice management”
Review of The Hawks Nest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
The Hawks Nest
Philadelphia, PA
“Great location, nice management”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We come every year for two weeks during the end of Feb./beginning of March. Our kids love it and we always have a great time. This year I had to leave in the middle of our vacation for a family emergency and the new manager, Mike, was really helpful with printing out a boarding pass for me, directions, etc. and just going the extra mile to help out with the situation - cannot thank him enough!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Boston1107

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NY
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Timeshare exchange to Hawk's Nest for week. Very good location, beautiful sunset views. Pool heater was broken for first half of week; enjoyed pool after it was repaired. Very quiet place, neat and clean. Looks like units are slowly being updated, There is a TV in the 2nd bedroom but it isn't hooked up to cable. Found that strange. Management was very pleasant and went out of their way to accommodate us.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank dscoots
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have been going to Hawks nest for 29 years and My family have been going since it was first belt, There are no words out there for me to describe Hawks Nest, I think Jimmy Buffet says it perfect,
Its Medicine that No doctor can presided.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Adam C
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I have been to the hawks nest 2 times now. I don't even remember the first time I went ,but we spent a week there in 2010 and we are coming back. The rooms were very neat and clean (even the bathroom). I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to relax.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Tobywaun
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Great View, sitting by the pool while looking out at the ocean is just awesome. Caught some great sunsets. Very quaint, smaller but nice hotel with great people who stay there who are timeshare owners and been going there for so many years, including one lady i met who had been going there for 30 years. Im actually thinking of buying something at Hawks Nest myself, loved it that much. Alot of great eating establishments within minutes driving. Also the Turtle Hospital and Dolphin Research Centre is a must to visit. Great Fishing, and of course Great Happy Hours at local pubs and bars. Only one hours drive to Key West !! I would certainly recommend the Hawks Nest to anyone. I live in Canada, and intend to go back to Hawks Nest in October again. Oh one other thing, 90 degree temperatures in october is also awesome, our thermometer said 110 at the pool , Pity !!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tonyster
Alexandria, Ky.
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I have stayed in some fabulous places in the Keys and in certain areas of Florida, but if you want to just kick back, enjoy fabulous sunsets, relax by the pool and have a very decent selections of places to eat, then this is the place for you and hopefully a loved one. Staying in late September when all the kids are back in school made this place extra special, it's not a place for a fun loving active group, this place is a place to read a book, enjoy a great view and not be bothered with to much going on around you. We did a time share trade for this and had our reservations due to some of the reviews, but am I sure glad we gave it a try and a try will do again even if it isn't a time share trade. We had Tropical storm "Nicole" come through and we just sat in the hot tub and let her rain. And keep your eyes out for plenty of Tarpon on incoming tide right off the sea wall.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachguy325
Columbia, MD
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I have been going to the Hawks Nest for about 15 years. During that time it has gone through several upgrades including the most recent re-do of the DR / LR, Bedrooms, and some bathrooms. It was professionally done and the decorator returned the decor to an Island style--very beautiful and relaxing. Other upgrades in recent years have been televisions and Wi Fi, balconies, and hallways. The fishing docks and boat davits, tiki's, and pool, jacquzzi, and bar-b-que grills are some of the major things changed by plan or imposition (Hurricanes occasionally). I am also a Marriott owner and have traded into many other units in my 36 years as a time share owner. Marriott, Hilton, World Mark, Ritz Carlton all have nicer places, AND some that are used as much as the Hawks Nest--like places in Hawaii with their attendant wear and tear--but none have the natural beauty so close and accessable as Hawks Nest. If your idea of a great time share is lots of marble and 4 shower heads you won't find that here. If on the other hand your idea is to enjoy a property that has multimillion dollar views with lots of sea life, sunsets, and an occasional osprey or frigate bird nesting on the roof--this is your place. The owners never leave or sell because it is a great value and an unsurpassed home away from home. Try it and you'll understand why the Keys are America's tropical islands and why Interval International frequently gives owner's of the Hawk's Nest 2 weeks for each one traded to help satisfy the demand. Oh yeah, the local restaurants are great too--try Annies Lobster House, or Sunset Bar and Grill next door, or Key Colony, or..lots of others. You could also bring your fishing pole and catch dinner off the dock--lots of folks do. Hope you luck out and find an opening here. Sorry I won't be trading or selling anytime soon.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ConchBuster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
The Hammocks at Marathon
The Hammocks at Marathon
#8 of 17 in Marathon
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to The Hawks Nest? Share your experiences!