“Awesome great trip with these guys”

Sea Dog Fishing Charters
Ranked #7 of 80 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: Our world famous $59.99 per person reef and wreck half day fishing excursion is still the best deal in the Florida Keys after 20 years. WE ARE NOT A HEAD BOAT. (Max 6-10 persons per boat depending on the vessel.) We also offer private trips for all other types of fishing like TROLLING, Reef & Wreck, SHARK, TARPON, FAMILY FUN DAYS and any other customized trip you can dream up - our fleet of vessels can accommodate it!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went on two fishing trips with guys, one afternoon and one night trip, caught a lot of fish both times. Very professional and good with kids that were onboard with us. Will definatly use these guys in the future. Highly reccommend

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went out twice with Sea Dog Charters this week; a half-day morning trip and then a half-day night trip a couple of days later. Capt. Derrek led one and Capt. Chris was on the other but both on the Barracuda. First Mate Curt was aboard on both trips. We could not have asked for a better time. Plenty of yellow tail snapper and some grunts caught on both trips, thank the Lord. The fishing was great and so was the service from the Captains and Curt. They worried about the bait, the rods and cleaning the fish while we enjoyed the fishing. Price was definitely reasonable and we were told of any tax and credit card fees in advance, to which we opted to pay by cash and avoid a credit card fee. No hidden surprises at all for us. We had a great time and look forward to going out with Sea Dog the next ime we vacation anywhere near Marathon.

3  Thank Ken T
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Derek and Kurt were fun and knew what they were doing. The crew kept ahead of all of us,and had time for questions and answers. We did the afternoon trip, had a great time.

1  Thank patrick h
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Captian Chris was phenominal and a great host for me and my 12yo son - he made sure that he caught a 40 lb Grouper! I reserved his boat the next day for a Tarpon trip - it was the best. My son hooked a 130 lb grander and Chris coached him through the entire process. I could not thank Captian Chris and his team enought for the incredible experience other then to tell others - this is the best fishing charter in the keys. I have taken out many charters, but his was the best!

2  Thank Beejay T
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My son booked the reservations over the phone for 4 of us, it was advertised at $59.99 for 1/2 day fishing. He was told he had to reserved it on a credit card. We understood there would be tax too. When we arrived we asked to be billed separate and I gave the man my credit card. I looked at my receipt 2 days later and saw we were over charged !!!! I called them on the phone and the man was rude and spoke the words about a credit card fee so fast that I had to ask him to repeat what he said 3 times!
WE WERE NEVER TOLD THAT IF YOU USE A CREDIT CARD, THERE WAS AN ADDITIONAL FEE...$15.42 CREDIT CARD FEE.
We also were told there was good news and bad news, we would be on a boat with only 2 more people for a total of 6 but that the head was not working. (they advertise all their boats have working heads) This boat was a piece of junk, It was littered with bottles and cans from last trip out, it was filthy in general. Equipment just thrown around the boat. The original boat we were suppose to be on headed out on time with a group of people and we sat waiting for over 20 minutes for the last 2 people to show up, which never did, so we lost 20 minutes of fishing time.
And then to be ripped off with this un-total credit card fee.....this company is a rip off totally. I would never recommend them and will make sure we spread the word to the "tourists" on how they like to take advantage of them. These people give the fishing industry a bad name.

3  Thank Susan C