“Absolutely the Real Deal!”
Review of La Nina Market

La Nina Market
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Cuban, Delicatessen
Sarasota, Florida
“Absolutely the Real Deal!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We knew immediately we were at the right place for an authentic Cuban lunch when we walked in the door and every patron (except us) was Spanish speaking! My husband had the Cuban sandwich and I had the skirt steak sandwich. They are HUGE sandwiches. When I saw mine, I thought for sure I'd be packing half of it home, but when I took my first bite of that sandwich in the Oh So Delicious warm pressed bread, I couldn't believe I ATE THE WHOLE THING! Would have gone back if we had stayed longer!

Athens, Greece
“Good food if you forget the outside”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is at the worst part in marathon keys. It doesn't have a scenic view and it doesn't even look clean. If it weren't for the reviews I would be afraid to eat there. BUT... The food is excellent! We were a party of three and one of us got the Cuban sandwich and the other two got the chicken sandwich. We couldn't eat them! They plates were enormous! The chicken was one of the best I had eaten! At last we shared a plate of key lime pie and it was the moment where our day was over! We were so happy to have dinner there and overpass our fear! I would definitely eat there again! I hope they do something with the decoration!

Visited June 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“My mileage varied from others...”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went there with my husband... No one was there to help us, after looking around we found some menus... It took 5 minutes for someone to come by our table... We where there to have breakfast. I dont want to go into details, but I would of been better off at the local Ihop or McD's...

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Wow- what a great find...the real deal.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Get past the outside- just go. This is the real deal. Family owned & run- lovely warm people. Food is authentic. Probably better as take out than sit inside, but we were in 4 and sat inside. Next to no seating inside- we were just lucky no one else was there. No liquor or beer, but our husbands went over to 7 Mile Grill on way & picked up beers for the walk to La Niña. Marathon has an open drink law- or so we are told! We ordered the Cuban, the pulled pork, & the steak- had them cut in thirds so each of the 3 folks having them could share. They are so big that one will easily feed 2 people. $6.99 ea!! The Cuban is the excellent & the pulled pork will have u dreaming to go back. The steak was a little tough- skirt steak, but the seasoning & flavors are excellent, worth a try. Beans, rice & grilled veggies was the 4th option for the vegan in the group.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sick to my stomach”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I walk in and the place looks wonderful. Very clean and up to date. We waited for a moment, and we find a menue on the counter. No one was there to great us yet. Someone came from the kitchen and did not even acknowlege us until 10min later. We tried to communicate what we wanted. We even pointed to their menue and they still looked confused on what we wanted. So we waited. Tooks us a bit to get our drinks. They were Espresso with Milk. I would not have asked for sugar but they came to us sweet. We tried to pay for our food and that was another 20min. Looking at the food, I was concerned. My spanish sausage was cut oddly and looked so dried out. The taste and texture was aweful. Eggs were cooked over easy with a little hard. It came with bread slatherd in butter. I atempted to build a sandwhich but after so much I could not eat any more of it. My husband's meal was no different. It was an egg omlet with some type of meat. We got daring as most things were in spanish. My husband and I felt so sick and gross after eating the food. Our meal cost us $21.00. We could have bought the ingrediants used for less then $21.00 and would have made enough for a family of 4. I will not go back nor recomend this resturant.