Arrived at the Holiday Inn for a few days to visit family. We asked for a room on a high floor overlooking the water which the desk clerk assured us we had. Instead we ended up on the middle floor with a view of dead palm fronds-couldn't see the water at all.
The good news is the hotel is clean and comfortable. The bad news is, as other reviews have pointed out, really NOISY! The walls are like paper. There were also about 100 teenagers in the hotel on an outing. While fairly well behaved for a large group they ran all over the halls and banged around in the rooms making quite a racket above us. After several calls to the front desk to complain we were told they would try to quiet them down. This did not work and we asked to be moved but the hotel was sold out. Unfortunately this is really your best option in Marathon unless you want to take your chances with a mom and pop kind of place so, if you go, take your ear plugs. Breakfast was OK but VERY crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you for a fun-loving tropical vacation at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in the fabulous Florida Keys. Stay with us for fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses, the Florida Keys Marathon Airport (MTH), and local island attractions. Our hotel is pet-friendly and 100% smoke free.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon is located in the heart of the Florida Keys; a short drive from Key West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon Hotel Marathon
- The Holiday Inn Express And Suites Marathon
- Holiday Inn Marathon
- Marathon Holiday Inn
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon Florida - Florida Keys