“Manager Chuck was Awesome!”

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
Ranked #19 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Utah
“Manager Chuck was Awesome!”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Great rates.
Buffet Breakfast included.
Nice rooms.
Clean and safe area.
But most of all the manager Chuck Martin was very personable with all the guests, making the stay friendly and ensuring the best overall satisfaction of the guests.

2 Thank Paul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I got a cheap room at the hotel via Hotwire website. It was my first time booking through that website and it was an experience getting stuck with The Destiny Palms. The hotel location was obscure. It was barely noticeable behind a McDonalds and Houlihans Bar/Grill. The lobby staff was nice, which was the only pleasant part about the stay.

I had a room on the third floor. When I walked into the room, it smelled like dust and old fabrics and it made me cough!

So I then took a look at the bathroom area. There was no door, no nothing separating the tiny bathroom from the vanity area. The
vanity area was ok, but the shower was a different story. The shower head was molded, grungy, and just
nasty. The shower was redone but was also moldy and cracked with more mold and scum. I went down to the front lobby to get housekeeping to clean it early in the
morning since it was about 11pm at night when I checked in. Luckily I was only here for a short one night stay after visiting Epcot. This was the worst hotel I ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2011
7 Thank cupcakelady
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The hotel is close to all the theme parks and is less crowded due to a but past the main gates. Easy access to the parking lot. The pool is small but I did not see it crowded the 3 days we were there. The Breakfast is great, Pancakes, waffles, boiled eggs, and many other breakfast foods. Our room had a mini fridge and microwave so we could eat in the room or stay in the dining area. The fridge and microwave made to get for left overs from lunch also to snack on. Once again I state I will stay here any time I am in the area

Room Tip: Call the hotel dirst if not in Jacksonville
1 Thank Loeidth
Miami,Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2011

After an impromptu day at Orlando, I realized that my mom and I needed somewhere to stay the night. We got this room at the rate of $45. I guess it was exactly what we paid for. Not the most extravagant, but it was clean. The room was small and the shower did not look clean. Let me put it like this, I did not walk on the floor without my shoes. Besides that, the room served the purpose. It included a nice little plasma, coffee maker, toaster oven and fridge. I would not recommend more a 1-2 night stay.

1 Thank jasmineleno
Bacup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Well, we stayed here in July 2011 for 2 weeks. I think most people tend to stay shorter periods of time but this hotel has everything you need to make it a perfect base if you are doing all the theme parks in the Orlando area, it is nearer to Disney parks than Universal, we travelled 3 times to Cocoa beach area and all highway links are just a few minutes drive away - it was easy enough to do even though we had no Sat Nav with us. Rooms are only small - our's had 2 double beds, but it was sufficient for the 3 of us. Bathrooms are just a toilet and shower with the sink/hairdryer being in the room but who takes a bath when staying in a hotel. The fridge certainly comes in handy for keeping your drinks etc cold and there is also a TV, small oven/grill, iron and ironing board, hairdryer and coffee maker in the room. The one thing that wasn't in the room was a safe to keep valuables in but the hotel reception held our passports in the hotel safe during our stay. Coffee available in the breakfast room at anytime of day - complimentary breakfast very basic - to be honest they could have done with some more variety or at least fresh fruit available as well as the selection of cereals, boiled eggs, waffles/pancakes/toast/bagels, we ate out most mornings - there is plenty of places in the area to eat (Ponderosa, Houlihans, Sweet Tomatoe, Sizzler) all open until at least 11/11.30am for breakfast as the hotel only serves breakfast until 9am and the breakfast room is survival of the fittest in a morning! When we did eat from the hotel breakfast we took it back up to the room. Hotel staff were very polite and Chuck and his staff bent over backwards to help you with anything you needed to know. All in all a pleasant experience - we found the hotel well located - plenty of supermarkets not too far away (Target and Walmart nearby and 7/11 right outside hotel) and also restaurant's galore right on your doorstep. This hotel is not the Ritz but is a whole lot better than many other Orlando hotels I have stayed in the past - comfy clean beds and clean towels, even towels for the pool if you asked. If you are looking for a small hotel with personal service then this should suit you down to the ground. You make your holiday what YOU make of it and we had a ball! Thanks again to all hotel staff for a pleasant stay!

1 Thank Wendywoo4u
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The rooms were good, fridge, microwave, coffee. Free breakfast with a lot to choices. So close to all Disney properties which is great when you're worn out and just want to get back to the hotel bed. The staff was very helpful & gave great directions for our shopping trips. Chuck, the manager was on top of everything. If he heard there was a problem, he wanted to speak with that guest even if someone had already resolved it. He made sure everyone was well taken care of. My granddaughter was very excited when she saw an armadillo at the lobby door one night. She hoped to see it again but no luck. The hotel staff would probably not appreciate that but she was thrilled. Go figure!

Room Tip: Our room faced the main highway which was good.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My girlfriend and I usually find motels on the fly via the coupon books or the internet from our phone. As soon as we walked in, the staff immediately greeted us and made us feel welcomed. The manager was working and asked if we were planning to visit anywhere so he can provide us with coupon books and recommended a few local places to see and eat. The room was clean, but there was hair left in the shower drain. This was a bit disgusting. The mattress was a pillow top and was the most comfortable mattress I slept on in a motel for under $100 per night. So when we paid $29 per night, we were excited. The room also came with a king bed, mini refrigerator, LCD TV, desk, iron and ironing board, and toaster oven. The pool was clean and uncrowded, but a little small; the building was very quiet and clean. Having stayed in many motels, I can truly say this is one motel I look forward to staying at again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple