“Quiet,Safe and Comfortable!”

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Set back off main road which makes it quiet and safe. Beds are very comfortable and rooms are clean and even a massage shower head and little fridge. Free breakfast (eggs, cereal,bagels etc.) Friendly and informative staff and nice pool. Real Bargain and close to Disney! Only reasons not a five star is their Disney shuttle only runs twice in morning and only up to 10 pm and no restaurant on property but there are some just minutes away( including CC's pizza all you can eat for $5.99 ea. and coupons in room for Buy one get one free meals! ).Best place I have found for under $100 a night!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MARVEL S

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband an 11 year old were traveling with me. The Hotel was average, the pool was nice looking (not heated), we never got the chance to try it out. The Hotel is hidden behind McDonalds & Houlihans. The breakfast was cereal, bread, mini muffins & boiled eggs, coffee & juice, it was enough to get us out the door but I wouldn't expect anything more. The staff was friendly. Beds are a bit old & lumpy, clean overall.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was looking for a decent priced 6-day vacation to Disneyworld. Found Destiny Palms Hotel and am happy we stayed here. First time to Florida and was there to visit Disneyworld and Universal Studios. Overall, we will stay here again.

PROS:
- Found hotel on Hotels.com but called the hotel to ask a few more questions and even beat the price of Hotels.com upon booking!

- Great customer service. We checked in at midnight and there was someone at the front desk! She was kind and helpful.

- Bed is incredibly comfortable. The king size bed and pillows were so soft.

- Close to Disneyworld. We were no more than 10 minutes away from Disneyworld. Universal Studios was 20 minutes away.

CONS:
- Early in the morning when families were leaving their rooms, they would let the door slam - which made it incredibly loud for us.

- Room is small.

- Had to pull off the top comforter they had on the bed .. I flipped the comforter to check it - and it had yellow stains on it. We slept with just the white sheet. I always check the bedsheets, blankets, pillowcases, comforters at all hotels I stay at.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Pros:
-staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating.
-room was very cozy, good lighting and lots of channels on tv.
-probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on while in a hotel.
-good free breakfast
-close to the parks

Cons:
-light fixture in the shower were dangling a bit, so I was scared I'd get electrocuted every time I showered.
-fridge in room didn't have a small freezer section

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this place prior to visiting Disney. Almost nothing is a bargain when you visit Disney World, so when you find a hotel that is you have a tendency to jump on it and I'm glad I did. Normally we stay at Disney resorts when visiting but I decided to go for a cheaper option this time. I'm so glad I did because now I've found where I'll be staying whenever I come down which is usually a few times a year.

We had an early flight and arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in being very tired, sick, & cranky and just hoping we would get to be checked in early. We had reserved two rooms and were hoping to have them connected. From the time we got to the front desk I felt like we were in a 5 star hotel for our well we were treated, almost like we were family members of management. We worked a lot with Chuck who I believe was the Resort Manager, he was amazing. They went out of their way to quickly get us into both our rooms and gave us connecting rooms which is what we were going for.

Both our rooms were nice and clean, beds were super comfortable and our room was big enough for us. Bathroom was of average size but we found everything we encountered to be clean. The breakfast was good and always kept well stocked even when it was busy. The hotel was withing walking distance of a McDonald's & 7-11 and also a short drive to Disney. While the road in front of the hotel is busy, overall it's located in a very quiet area and we were able to enjoy a quiet's night sleep the entire time.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel and for the staff we encountered here. For the price we paid and the service we received it was 2nd to none and I'll be picking this hotel over the Disney Resorts in the future. Don't 2nd guess a decision to stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank banjo60
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at Destiny. This time we were there during Spring Break with our Marching Band and we had a wonderful time. The staff is efficient and friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds very very comfortable. It is close to stores and Disney but it is also in a quiet location. The manager Chuck is the best. He treats us like family. We feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We found this hotel through several searches on the internet. On trip advisor we saw that the hotel had ok reviews but they were from years ago, and its most recent reviews were much better. They offered shuttle service, free breakfast, proximity to stores and on Kayak.com we saw a very good deal of about $38 a night. We stayed at the Destiny Palms, from April 6 to the 12th. Upon check-in you must pay a resort fee of $3 per day for everyday you reserved. We were on the first floor, the room was really nice and clean. There was no noise levels to complain about either from outside or from neighbors. There was a coffee maker, a flat screen t.v, a big dresser, a microwave/oven, a mini fridge and a very comfortable king size bed with clean linen everyday. Being a little cautious on the previous reviews on TripAdvisor, about there being dirt or bugs nearby, there were none anywhere. The room was really clean everywhere. After unpacking we went to the pool area and its a very clean and decent size pool which we had almost completely to ourselves except for a little girl that was in the pool. On to the parks, everyday you must tell the front desk that you need a shuttle to the parks before 9p.m so that they can call it in.The hotel use a company called Fly Tours Limo. The drivers were friendly and courteous, but hardly ever on time. The first day there was a delay with the shuttle, but Chuck the manager was able to sort it out quickly. The hotel has a pickup at 9a.m from the front door and they pick up at the park at 10p.m. You might think that it is a lot of time from 9a.m to 10p.m to be in a park but trust us, there is a lot to see at each park. If you want a later pickup or an earlier pick up their is a charge, we paid twice or so for an earlier pickup from the hotel and we were charged $25 by the shuttle service. The hotel has breakfast served from 6a.m- 9a.m. They have pancakes, waffles, tea, juice, hard boiled egg, etc. You have to heat up the waffles and everything either on a microwave or on a toaster. Theres nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. The management, especially Chuck was very friendly and would take care of any minor problems that we might have had. The staff too was very friendly and helpful. Housecleaning came everyday to clean our room except for one day, but we didn't really need it but they left everything perfectly cleaned and restocked. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone trying to find a place to stay in their area.

2  Thank Stryfer29