“Nice rooms, but a bit noisy”

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
Ranked #14 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 10 days and my first impression was very good. The bed was soft and the room had TV, a small oven (not a micro) and a hair dryer.

Still, we had some neighbors with older kids who had fun running in the hall and emptying the ice machine. We could hear every single sound from our room, and that was not too fun in the middle of the night. The toilet was also making sounds, probably every time somebody else in the hotel flushed down. It sounded like somebody was choking, and was a bit disturbing..

The TV control worked from time to another, so did the hair dryer.

What really was a bummer was the included breakfast. They had sugared cereal, muffins and pancakes. The only "healthy" food there that could fit as breakfast, was some bread (but nothing to put on it) and some bagels. It didn't taste very good, so we only ate there once.

The pool was closed during our visit, because of cold weather.

Accept from this, the size of the room was OK and those who worked there were nice and helpful.

Still, I don't think I will stay there next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've stayed in many budget hotels in Orlando. This one is the best so far. The room's furnishings seemed more upscale than others. The staff was very helpful and efficient. The breakfast was sparse, but that was not really an issue for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JRothaway
Reviewed 23 April 2014

WE stayed here for one night in March. It was close to many attractions, restaurants, and shopping. The room was very small and had some wear. The people working in the lobby were very loud as we were checking in. The breakfast was adequate and nothing special. We stayed here because the price was very cheap but I would not want to stay here for a week.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane0b
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel a few days ago for approximately 5 days. In regards to some of the positive aspects, the hotel is very conveniently located very close to the Disney attractions. I believe it took us 15 minutes to get to Disney's Animal Kingdom from the hotel. Additionally, I thought that the bed was a good night's sleep as well.

In regards to the negatives, the room we stayed in was very small...I would refer to the room as European small based on some of the rooms I stayed in while traveling through Europe. We hardly had any room to place our luggage and still walk around in the room. The room was so small that there wasn't a regular door on the bathroom. The bathroom had a pocket door that slid from the wall and the door stuck on the track so it was very hard to close. We finally got the trick after the second day of how to close the door "correctly."

Additionally, the bathroom was very small but the shower was deceivingly larger than one would think in such a small room. There was mold or mildew growing from the shower head and you could see mold or mildew growing in the grout throughout the bathroom because of the small amount of space.

If you are planning on staying one or two days in this area, this hotel would suffice but anything longer is inconvenient given some of the issues with the room.

Room Tip: Be careful of staying on the 3 floor because these rooms may be very small.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wags342
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is located in a decent location with plenty of dining options nearby. Unless you know the back roads to WDW, it can be quite a ride to reach the parks. The hotel has some wear in comparison to the last time we stayed here. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are smaller. We reserved a STANDARD KING which was supposed to have a King Bed. The room had a queen and a sofa. The bed is comfortable and the location is quiet. The breakfast room is small with basic bakery items.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HCLBRK
Reviewed 29 March 2014

If you are looking for an economic, well located and decent hotel, this is the one. The room was great, we stayed in a kind size bed room and it was excellent to what we needed that was to sleep well after being in the parks all day. We also had a fridge and a small oven. It is located 5 minutes to Disney and half hours from Universal. We slept well, it was really quiet. It was clean and the people from the hotel were really friendly. You have also the breakfast included, not a big deal but it was nice to save some money on that. I would come back defenitely

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ale I
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Destiny Palms for 3 nights when we recently went to Disney World. The hotel was convenient to get to Disney World. Since the room was not that expensive, we were not expecting a 5 star hotel. The room was compact, but had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, although the sheets (and towels) felt rough (that they had been washed a lot). The room had a fridge and toaster. I usually see hotels with a microwave (not a toaster). I didn't use it, so it did not matter to me. The t.v. remote was missing the back, so the batteries kept falling out. The room was quiet and met our needs (we were only there to sleep). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful (especially when I locked my keys in the car). One problem I had is when I checked in another guest was talking to the hotel clerk and she seemed annoyed when I asked her to move over so I can sign. This was not the hotel's fault, but it made me feel uncomfortable. My keys also stopped working twice and I had to have them redone. The breakfast was fine. For the price and convenience, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked to see the room before I checked in as they made me pay for my 3 nights up front.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family