“Can’t wait for the next time!”

AJ's Freelancer Bass Guide Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Want to get away from Orlando's busy streets and experience its most treasured natural resource? You're in the right place Lake Toho is the #1 big bass lake in the state and our Captains fish it religiously. AJ’s Freelancer Bass Guide Service has been in business since 1970 and is the oldest continuously operated guide service in Florida. We specialize in Florida trophy bass fishing on Orlando's renown Lake Tohopekaliga, or "Toho" as the lake is often referred to. Lake Toho is located near Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, and the Orlando Convention Center. Only a couple other lakes in the country can rival Lake Toho’s ability to produce trophy sized bass. Year after year it continues to produce some of the best bass fishing in the country! Come spend an unforgettable day on one of the country's most beautiful lakes with the tournament tested, professional, Orlando bass fishing guides of Freelancer Bass Guide Service.
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went fishing with Captain Jackson for the first time 8 years ago and today, we went with him for our 5th time. We have had such great times fishing with him on Lake Toho and every time we leave, we can’t wait for the next time. Captain Jackson is knowledgeable and laid back... he is super helpful but lets you do your thing and is the best “fishing coach”! He even made a quick stop for us on our way back to stop and cut some lotus flowers for me. We caught some great fish today and had a wonderful time! Captain Jackson has got us hooked and we cannot wait to return!

Arthur J, Owner at AJ's Freelancer Bass Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you very much, I always have a really great time with you guy's. Can't wait for you guys to come back!

All reviews
"theme"
"parks"
"wildlife"

Reviewed 8 March 2018

WE paid $500 dollars for a 4 hour trip. We were on the lake for two hours and there was still bait fish in the well. This is the only time in my many years for paying for fishing guides that I was short changed. We met at 12:30 and didn't get on the boat unit 1:30 and when we pulled up anchor, I thought we were going to another location to fish. I was wrong and we were off the lake at 3:30.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Captain Jackson was a true pro and showed us a great time. He not only got us into fish, but pointed out wildlife along the way. I was out with my 7 and 9 year olds. They had a great time and the three hours was the perfect duration with my kids, and we landed about 18-20 fish, sometimes netting two at a time!

Highly recommend this trip for families looking to experience something outside of the theme parks. Get out and see the "real" Florida, it's awesome.

Arthur J, Owner at AJ's Freelancer Bass Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you, had a lot of fun with you guy's. Hope to see you all again!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Took my son out for two days of fishing as a graduation and we couldn't have had a better time. Capt Jackson was awesome. He knew the best places to take us and we had great luck with the fish. Capt was also very personable. If you want a terrific experience and the chance to catch the fish of a lifetime, this is the only service to use!!!

Arthur J, Owner at AJ's Freelancer Bass Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Glad to see you had a good time. If you get a chance to come back we'll get ya back out and see if we can't get you and your son some more giants!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I booked a trip with my son to have a great day on the water. We were hooked up with Captain Bill and it was great. We met Captain Bill and introduced ourselves and went fishing. The fishing was slow but Captain Bill gave us plenty of opportunities. My son caught his personal best at 7lbs 11oz's. It was a Toad. We shared great stories with Captain Bill and wished him well when we were done. We were very happy with AJ's guide service, he could not have set us up with a better guide to take us out. Well done Captain Bill and a big shout out to my son Brenden with his personal best Florida bass!

Arthur J, Owner at AJ's Freelancer Bass Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thanks, we really appreciate it. Captain Bill is always working hard for his clients, and congratulations to your son on catching his personal best! That's what Toho's all about!