“Do Locals Eat Here? 14944 E. Orange Lake Blvd (Publix Shopping Center)”

China Star Restaurant
Ranked #463 of 791 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Salina, Kansas
“Do Locals Eat Here? 14944 E. Orange Lake Blvd (Publix Shopping Center)”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Atmosphere: There were no dine-in patrons around 5:30 p.m. Staff was unenthusiastic. One staff person sat in a booth with his laptop during the hour we were there. Our party of 4 quietly talked in the general conversation of "Should we go or stay?" Decision, since we were seated we would just stay and work through it.

Food: Rice had texture, appearance flavor of instant. Other foods had the appearance and flavor of deep-fat-fried results. None of the food gave the appearance or flavor of fresh made. I made an attempt to enhance the lack of flavor by using soy sauce. Didn't work. The only person who finished what was on his plate was my husband who had ordered a hamburger and french fries. Otherwise, the rest of us left at least 2/3 on our plates. No need for a "doggy bag".

Water was straight out of the tap and had an unusual taste.

Anyway, we concluded to just stop eating, pay our bill and quietly leave.

Other reviews posted: RobinOL states there was a buffet. This is a "very" small restaurant and there is no room for a buffet. I have the menu with me and sushi is not listed on the menu. Was she really at this restaurant or another one. Another one is Golden China located at 7777 W. Irlo Bronson (Hwy 192 West) Kissimmee

I am in agreement with the review from "superfresh". That person's experience is on target.

• Visited May 2012

“Dont waste your money!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is the worst Chinese restaurant that I ever ate from. It was so bad, I decided to write a review (This is my first one). When I first walked in, I noticed it didnt smell good at all but I had called in the other already. There were no customers in the restaurant and the cashier had an attitude when I asked for more duck sauce. Everything was gross and when I took the food back, she said they have a no refune policy. Think about it, have you ever heard of a restaurant with a no refund policy? I told them they know their food is crap and thats why they have such policy.

hull
“great chinese”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

really enjoyed this chinese,server was good.food was great,even the sushi was nice.don't forget your 10% discount voucher.

Visited May 2012
“Great late night dining”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

After a day at Universal Studios, China Star was open late night with an excellent buffet. The service was great, the staff was friendly and the food was fresh and delicious!

• Visited March 2012
“Great taste, cheap!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The real Chinese food taste, not the taste of PF Chang's. With this price, it's awesome!