“Great Thanksgiving Meal!! ”
Review of Villa de Flora

Villa de Flora
Ranked #109 of 810 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We came to Villa de Flora on Thanksgiving night and had a wonderful night. The food was all delicious, especially the traditional thanksgiving staples.

The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is due to our server going AWOL on a number of occasions and having to ask another server for a drink refill.

1  Thank amackay1

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have to admit, I realize the economy has a factor. With that being said I have been visiting Villa de Floria since it opened averaging four times a year as I live in Central Florida. I went there recently with my wife and friends and left without my usual warm and fuzzy feeling. The hotel is not run by Gaylord anymore and it is very evident. They have a rotating menu but there used to be items that were always there, every night but now are gone. Part of my disappointment is not just from the restaurant but the property itself. A big part of the experience is the five acres under glass atrium's! Beautiful tropical plants, fish and even alligators everywhere, even a saltwater lagoon with Redfish, Snook and Tarpon. Please go and experience this place it is truly a wonderful venue.
The buffet was very good, the food was good, service was very good, I just hope as our economy recovers the level of excellence I previously enjoyed from the property and from Villa de Florida recovers as well. I'm spoiled...spoiled rotten... having enjoyed this place at its best, I just miss what I have come to expect from an evening at the Gaylord Palms and from Villa de Flora!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great Mediterranean style buffet including pasta station, carved prime rib and dozens of other specialties. The kids had a great time trying new items and even finding some favorites. Staff was friendly and prompt.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed at Gaylord Palms Resort and had Sunday Brunch at this restaurant. Very nice atmosphere like dining outside but was actually inside a climate controlled environment. It is inside the atrium of the hotel. The Villa de Flora was serving Mediterranean buffet with good selections of meats, sea foods, salads, desserts, etc. Service was fast and friendly. It was pricey but expected considering the restaurant is inside the resort. It is absolutely worth a next trip.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Villa de Flora Marketplace and Restaurant
Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34746
407-586-1114

Yes, it’s kind of pricy, but boy was the food and service good!

We decided to have Sunday Brunch at the Villa de Flora Mediterranean Buffet inside the Gaylord Palms last Sunday (11/17/13). There are a number of restaurants in the complex, however, after walking around the beautifully decorated complex and checking out the Key West, St. Augustine, Everglades, and Emerald Bay sections (to work up our appetite) we opted for the Villa. They make it hard to resist as you walk by the Villa’s dessert display as you wander around this interesting and unique place.

Their selection of foods was incredible and delicious. Choices included about everything you could imagine. From omelets made to order, delicious bacon (I had to try a little), sausage, and waffles to shrimp, carved ham, roast beef, and I can’t even begin to list all the Mediterranean inspired items. Let’s just say ‘they had it all’ and more. And desserts, OMG… WOW. Skip the little plate by the desert island and bring a dinner plate. You’ll want to try several and since many were bite size, it’s OK to get a selection.

And service was top notch. When I went up to get seconds (or thirds); when I returned, not only were the used dishes removed, I had clean napkins and silverware. Tea and soft drinks were included and my glass never reached more than half empty. (Wish you could get this kind of service at every eatery.)

The Villa is not the most expensive restaurant at Gaylord's; however, for two at Sunday Brunch, you can still chew up the better part a $100.00 bill after you include the tip.

As a side note, we did find that the Wreckers Sports Bar also has a Buffet which doesn’t have near the selection; however, it will be kinder to your wallet.

1  Thank Richard E