“Good value for money”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We have visited Perkins a few times, some of the waitresses are friendly and others seem like they just cannot be bothered to be there. I had pancakes which were nice but could have been slightly better cooked. It took the waitress a long time to realise we wanted the bill and took us at least 10 minutes to get her attention. We would probably go back, but only if that is the only option we have.

Visited July 2013

Anglesey, North Wales
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for our evening meal. My wife had a salad and I had a burger. The food was very nice and lots of it. The burger and fries were tasty, my wife's salad was huge and the sampler starter was great. Our waitress Susan was lovely and did a great job.
The ONLY reason it didn't get 5 stars is that we really aimed for Perkins for my wife to have the salad in a bread bowl. They'd run out of bread bowls- which we didn't find out til we were ordering. Other than that it was very good. We have been before and will go back. Its friendly, clean, reasonably priced with a big menu.

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“great service-”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Had an omelette and was very tasty and filling- not my usual diet but I really did enjoy it. Waitress that served us was brilliant and very helpful and friendly
Finished with one of their apple caramel pie..
well worth a visit

Visited September 2013
Westerville, Ohio
“Good breakfast.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Two of us split an enormous breakfast called the Tremendous Twelve . More than enough for two. Everything was good but the scrambled eggs could have used a little more cooking time. They were very busy and the food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The waitress was pleasant and competent .

• Visited September 2013
Thames Ditton
“More like Dirtkins!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Me my husband & son stopped here for bakery , but in the end opted to eat in - it was our first time to Perkins so we didn't really know what to expect.
We waited 10 minutes or so to get seated when we were- we were put near the kitchen.
Our waitress was kinda strange- looked as though she needed a good bath!! & a bit too over friendly for my liking- made, what could of been taken as explicit comments about my husband! -( ill explain more later!)
The restaurant is dated, and smelt a bit funky , the carpets were really worn!! Everyone eating there looked miserable - this is the point were we should of turned around & left!!!
Both me & my husband ordered a club sandwhich & my son had bear shape choc chip pancake
We all ordered cola - once drinks were finished waitress came over - sat close ( nearly on his lap!) & put her arm around him! - made some comment about how good looking we all were in particular my husband!! & then went on to make a further comment that i thought i heard wrong - somewhere along the lines of ...if i was younger i would honey!!! -
I thoroughly get the US sense of humor - but this woman was starting to get my goat up!! - she went to get us more drinks, when she brought them to us the old straws were still in the them - I asked for new straws because I just had a feeling that she had sipped out of them - lol probably my husbands! -( instinct !!) - when our food came the chips were cold the club sandwhich was ok but I had been thoroughly put off my lunch by the waitress!
The icing on the cake was when we were eating & she came & sat with us ??! & started eating chips off our plates!! - this was the point where both me & my husband lost it!! Told her what we thought of her waitress skills & how bad the food was!! We paid only for my sons pancake - but realised later that kids eat free!! - the waitress tried to bribe my son with a paper bag full of bakery items - we threw them in the bin ..... The waitress even tried to follow us to our car!!
So ...my experience of Perkins or Dirtkins as my husband named it was unique & terrible !! ....but it's made a good holiday story to share with you guys ,friends & family! ;) - we laugh about it now!!

• Visited October 2012