“Nothing special”

Magic Castle Inn and Suites
Ranked #97 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Price for the period was good.
Rooms: they have air cond, fridge (very noisy),microwave.
Cleaning is ok for the price,in general could be much much better.
Toilet is very modest.they dont have a small haidrier.
Breakfast is ridiculous.bad coffee,orange juice from concentrate,biscuits,milk,cereals.served up to 9.
You can get to Disney with a bus or 15 minutes by car.same distance for see world.
Wireless was very very slOw.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MaverickR1

Reviewed 28 October 2011

We chose this place since it was recommended by relatives, and we needed a place for one night between 2 timeshare weeks. I really wanted to like this; not only is it cute, but I believe it's a small, independent place, not a chain. First I'll give the positives: Location: it is right off of 192 in Kissimmee, easy to get back and forth to Disney World; a Walmart very close by; many family-friendly chain restaurants nearby, a Publix, Walgreens and a CVS also close. Price: very budget-friendly. Cleanliness: spotless, not a bug or stray hair in sight (and dh and I always check the matresses first). The matress itself was very comfortable too. Parking: great; right outside our room, and for 2nd floor units, there's an elevator. We didn't use the t.v., although it looked fairly new for a non flat-screen. Lighting in the room was average for hotels; just enough to make you think it's ok until you try to read. Now the negatives: old, shabby and in need of repair, not to mention updating. The "mini-suite" was nothing more than a standard motel room, with two beds switched out for a king-size bed, and a half-wall separating the bed from the sofa in a pathetic attempt to make the room feel more functional; it did nothing but make it tinier than it already was, I haven't been in such a small room since I visitied Manhattan, NYC. Our dresser was missing several pieces of hardware; the table and chairs provided in the room looked well-used - finish chipped, upholstery torn, chairs wobbly. The floor (carpet in most, tile in the bathroom area) was dirty, my feet got black just after a little while walking around barefoot. I had to use a piece of luggage as a bedside table. The inside of the dorm-sized fridge was cracked with insulation visible. The wifi was nonexistent. My husband finally took his laptop out to the car to pick up the signal; I just gave up and tried to read a book. The toilet-roll holder was mounted to a piece of plywood which was nailed to the wall. Same for the clothes-rod in the "closet". The shower curtain felt like it came from the dollar store. The room smelled musty; thank goodness I had a candle to burn to combat the oder. The a/c was completely inefficient. With that half-wall, the cold air couldn't circulate to the other side where the bed is, and we were too warm all night. We didn't go to the pool, because there were NO chairs there! The motel itself is set back from the highway, but it's a bit confusing to enter the parking lot. You have to first turn into a strip-mall, then go to the end of it as if you're driving around to the rear, then you finally come upon the motel itself. The continental breakfast? A joke! Two kinds of cereal in dispensers, white bread for toast, a communal bowl of margarine, and another communal bowl of jam. The coffee was more like hot water that had a brown crayon passed through it. The fruit was plastic! (Why bother even putting that out?) The juice was actually a juice-drink, probably was only an orange-flavored beverage like Kool-Aid, tsk, a real sin in Florida. And last but not least, there were only two chairs! I guess the other guests knew not to come! Definitely just a place to sleep, but no more for us, when 192 is lined with other places with similar prices. What I want to know is what kind of camera they used to take the pictures that are on the website and the brochure, because they make that place look good, purple paint notwithstanding!

Room Tip: Run, run away; go anywhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Max S
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Have stayed at this motel for many years, it's like coming home. All who work there are just so friendly, we liked it so much that we stayed much longer than expected. The breakfast is quite o.k. The pool is clean so we swam every day. So much to do in the surrounding area. Have nothing negative to say about this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bernt B
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here in August. When we checked in we were greeted with smiling faces. The motel is is little old... but we have come back almost everytime we go to Florida. It is a great motel for its value, and close to everything. We truly love the Magic Castle Inn and look forward to our next trip to Florida to vist them again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie M
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This is a basic motel. We booked 7 nights as we were on a basic budget. On arrival we realised that the hotel is painted pink/lilac. Bit worrying but the rooms are absolutely fine. We had a King size bed, a fridge and a microwave. No hairdryer but the room was exceptionally clean although there was a strange smell of disinfectant or air freshener. Staff were lovely and helpful. Pool is across the parking lot but we had it to oursleves as few guests use it. Continental breakfast is not good but you get what you pay for. We really enjoyed out time here. It is close to many restaurants and Disney World is a ten minute drive away. We paid £30 a night and it was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Kingsize bedroom is good value for money and Booking.com have good deals on this one.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhona321
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here for one night because I saw good reviews for this place on trip advisor....First let me start off by saying, you get what you pay for. . The room had the most horrible musky smell and the AC was off so it was hot and muggy. The AC never worked well and the smell never left the room. Then I realized there is no security latch on the door (every hotel we have ever stayed at has a security latch). The manager said none of the rooms has one....Nice. I didn't sleep at all well that night. I pushed furniture up against the door because there is one lock that anyone can open the door with a key (basically anyone). There was no blow dryer in the room. Oh! I almost forgot to mention the dead cockroach in the room the size of a small cat. As I said, its really cheap so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed here in mid-May. I stayed there for a rate of $34.99 for the double beds. Basically it's your standard roadside motel...

Things I liked:
- fridge+ microwave allowed me to save money on some meals
- Wal-mart super close by. Good for buying Disney souvenirs (cheapest and better than those "1.99 t-shirts" stores which have NOTHING for 1.99!)
- very friendly staff and night manager especially, who helped me in advance for my late (past 12 am) arrival! (exception was one day staff who had ignored me when she was counting cash out of the till and was talking on the phone with her friend/family...but overall staff services is good!
- close to lots of good places to eat, and 7-elevens, and is a really easy drive to Disney plus the airport
- outdoor pool in the parking lot was fun and had lots of lounge chairs. but it had a lot of bugs, so we had to clean it ourselves first.

Not so good things/things to be aware of
- a little on the "musky" smell side. Fine if you don't have allergies.
- get the hair dryer from the front desk. the first one I borrowed didn't work but I returned it for a working one.
- internet is free; it isn't the greatest but it works... in certain rooms. Make sure you ask for a room where the signal is good if you have plans to go online.
- there is a free continental breakfast from 7-9am but when I was there there was just toast, those tiny donuts, 2 types of cereal, milk, fake Orange Juice, coffee.... so it's fine if you just need a quick bite before heading out but boring if you are staying for more than a day. Seating area only has 4 chairs haha.

Overall if you're not picky and you literally just need a bed and basic stuff, this place is fine. You will have to deal with potential issues with your room and relocate (I had: non-working Internet, a faulty door lock, both on separate days) but you can save a lot of money. Other motels/inns in the area cost about the same, maybe a bit more ($40-50). Personally I may check out other places though. :)

Room Tip: many motels nearby offer weekly rates.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends