“Disney Trip Budget Saver!”

Magic Castle Inn and Suites
Ranked #95 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you are visiting for Disney it's a good deal! Clean-especially where it counts. We scrupulously checked the toilet, sink and bed sheets. Staff we met where good-hearted.
It's like you were going to visit your buddy in college, who is friendly and clean but lives in a old run down apartment building. If you can't stand how old and out dated things are, you shouldn't crash there. However, if you're strapped for cash, why not? You won't catch cooties.
If you're traveling with your Great Aunt Myrtle she may not appreciate the harmless raccoon outside at night (we joked that Disney animals were following us) or the helicopter that takes off every few minutes during the day (look up and wave!) However, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring shampoo, no coffee in rooms, pass on the free breakfast, bring softer blankets from home
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank BooneBooneBoone

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked a room for 13 nights, we only spent 1. Just opening the door, a terrific smell of moisture arrived, due probably to the non use for long time of the air conditioner, or it was not cleaned for years. We were not able to support another night.

After this nignt, we went to get a breakfast. No hygien at all, the butter was just on a table, the sun was directly on it ...

Positive point : We have been refund without any discussion or negociation

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roland W
Reviewed 26 September 2013

In 2012 I booked a stay at the Magic Castle hotel for our 2013 vacation after previously staying there for our Honeymoon a couple of years earlier. Over the course of the last year, we had numerous email conversations with the management there regarding earlier check-in times etc. When we finally arrive for our stay in August this year, we were stunned to find the hotel closed and a virtual building site. Obviously this caused a great deal of stress for our family and resulted in us having to drive around International drive for over 3 hours to find somewhere else to stay for the next two weeks. It was just pure luck that we tried the courtyard, which we were told had a room for us and hadn't paid thousands of pounds in another hotel we had tried earlier. At no point during our email conversations were we informed of any planned renovations and we would have to use an alternative hotel.
It is with regret that my family and I will never set foot into another Holiday Inn establishment and will ensure all family, friends and colleagues are also aware of this disgraceful event.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Grumpy255
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This place is a dump. If you'll look at my reviews, I'm not hard to get along with. I want it safe. I want it clean. And I want a fair price. The price was low, so at least I didn't spend a fortune to get hosed.

Front desk folks were decent enough, but that's where the good times end. We had a kind suite. the refrigerator was moldy and had, well, stuff in it. I didn't get very far with it. The pool was just over-run by chemicals and obviously hadn't been cleaned in some time. The linens were smelly, and the carpet, oh my heavens the carpet. My wife and I made our girls wear white sox, as we did ourselves. When we threw them out the next morning, they were black. Honest. We got in late in the day before heading to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We left the next morning as soon as we could. Breakfast was ok, basically an enormous and colorful choice of compound sugar.

I'd have to add that a lot of the folks here appeared to be long-term rentals. At night, there were motorcycles, loud music, obvious heavy drinking, plenty of cursing to teach the girls what the real world is about, the exact opposite of why we come to Disney.

I wouldn't stay here as a ghost again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 111buckhorn
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

easy ToGet To Friendly Staff Older Hotel so Clean For It's Age Very Comfy Towels Slept Well They Do Have Helicopter Rides In Front Of Hotel But They STop At A Decent Time The Breakfast Does Get Old After Awhile cereal Toast AndDonuts But GreatT Weeks Stay For $205

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I had family come into town so I chose to stay in the hotel so they would be more comfortable. It was horrid!! Maybe I came on a bad day....who knows. The room was filthy. The toilet had a long string of hair on it and some type of glob and it was dirty and sticky.

Remote for TV didnt work but thats no big deal. Bolt on the door was missing. It looked as if it has been ripped off. Picked up phone to call front desk and it had the name of another hotel on it (No big deal but funny)...it was dirty and I had to wipe the phone down to use it.
The lamps had mold around the top and bottom of the shades...How that happens...I have no idea. I went and brought wipes to wipe the room down but ultimately decided that I didn't want to lay my head on the sheets and went home and felt better and far more comfortable bunched up with my family in my CLEAN house.

There were regular families there but also shady characters hanging about and gawking at me and any other female that was walking alone. This place would be awesome if they would renovate or at least try actually cleaning it!!

I'm sorry but even for the low price its not worth it!!!! I didn't bother staying the night or checking out their breakfast...was too grossed out but hey, the staff seemed friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Night-OwlMommy
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My family and I just stayed at this hotel, March 24-27, 2013. Believe me. camera angles and props for pics can give a much better image than what you see in person. If had not been for the availability of Hotels and the fact of the 48hr cancellation, I would have left upon arrival. Do not look at the pic of the breakfast area and expect much. You will not see but two choices of cereal, sweet, hard donuts (two flavors), frozen milk, frozen bread for toast and pretty good coffee. The room was below average at best. Beds (BAD), lamp shades (totaly nasty and stained) and paper thin pillows. We told them we had 4 in our room but continued to to get two towels and wash clothes. Try that with two adults and two teens. This may not have been the worst I've stayed in but it wasn't too many steps up the ladder from being so.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family