Palm Lakefront Resort and Hostel
Key Motel(Kissimmee)
Sunset Lakes(Orlando)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The good and bad of this hostel makes it an average stay on holiday break. The room was clean but old rugs that smell. when I want to check in the manager was very late and had too many jokes to tell. The location is convenient and the food store nearby. Some places to see are far away by bus. The Universal shuttle is good, but also late. very nice kitchen and food storage all kept very well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Had a great time staying at Palm Lakefront in Orlando. I was on my way back home to Brazil and had 5 days to enjoy Orlando parks. My room was spacious and clean, the common area was great and very welcoming, so it was easy to make friends, specially if you're traveling alone and need to meet people to join u to the parks. Made friends right away and even met another traveled that I met in Brazil before by chance. I guess great minds think alike! :)

Room Tip: The dorms are great
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I spend my first night in Orlando in an expensive $167 hotel up by UCF. A Marriot. This was due to bad planning not choice! Palm Lakefront was $21 a night, you had the atmosphere of everyone cooking and eating and talking together. Sure the Marriot had a comfier big bed and a TV and it was to yourself...but would I ever pay $146 more for that?!? HELL NO! Palm Lakefront had really friendly staff who have good local knowledge and sit down and watch TV with their guests. When I returned to Orlando after a weeks trip down to Tampa area this was the first place I called for somewhere to stay. Sure its basic (its $21, were you expecting a 5 star???) and there will most likely be other people in your room (on my return to Orlando I got 3 nights in a room on my own so it can happen) but you have everything you need there - bed, bathroom, they provide clean sheets and towels and the rooms are cleaned daily, cooking facilities (only downer was the oven wasn't working), TV, eating area, swimming pool with sun bathing chairs, parking space right beside rooms, basketball hoop and even a wee sitting area right over (literally) the lake. Also, directly over the road there are plenty of shops and bars, including Publix and Super Target (which was amazing!).

Unrelated to the hostel the local bus system is shocking. It's fine if you just want to get to Disney, it is perfect for that, but if you want to go anywhere else it is easily the worst bus system I have ever experienced! It took me 6 1/2 hours to get from the Marriot in UCF area to this hostel in Kissimmee, then I had an evening at Waterford which took me 4 1/2 hours to get to with a 1 hour walk after that in the heat, on the way back I got a lift to the Orlando central bus station to find that the last bus had left at 8:30! USELESS! I had to spend $46 getting a taxi back to the hostel. Also on return to Orlando I had to figure out another route from Amtrak station to hostel cos the bus that would've taken me most of the way goes out of operation at 7:25! This meant getting 3 different buses and praying each one was still running when I arrived at their stops! Not impressive but thats a downgrading on the local transport system not the hostel. Just hire a car, don't rely on the buses unless you're just going to Disney.

Great hostel, not so great bus system. Hire a car in future!

Room Tip: Ask for a room of your own, they may have one :)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The best part of this Resort is what I referred to its intangibles! The quality of services is better than a Concierge at a FIVE star resort and the caring about people which is exemplified by the owner Aaron and his staff headed by Jackie all the way down to the owner's dog Tiffany, who I refer to as the doggy vacuum cleaner. I am an Unemployed American Expatriate looking for a nice reasonably price place to stay, while looking for work and found it here at Palm Lakefront Resort. However, this place is geared manly to foreigners who come to the US looking to get their best bang for their dollar. You meet many interesting people from all around the globe. There is a nice common area with a fully equipped large restaurant type kitchen where you can cook your own meals, and store food and drinks in a refrigerator. If you don't feel like using the stove you can use one of the two microwaves and there are two computers where you can use to surf on the internet and a dinning room area with a TV. Also back on the porch area is a small gym, a DVD player to watch movies and in the backyard a beautiful lake to view and a swimming pool along with barbeques and picnic tables. All in all a ‘Wonderful” family style atmosphere is created by the owner Aaron

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2011

The place in itself is quite nice. However, It is full of (Very unfriendly) down and out drifters living there. The desk is not 24 hours (but the man that works there is lovely) and the place is filthy. The maid service didn't come once the whole time i was there even though I requested it.
Unless you are traveling solo, I recommend staying in a hotel as they are the same price as the hostels in this area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends