“Great for a place to sleep while heading to the parks.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #111 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had a great stay. Be sure to book a renovated room. The hotel is currently in the midst of renovations and repairs, however, it is clean and the employees are very welcoming and friendly. We kept our expectations reasonable (this is an economy motel after all) and enjoyed the easy access to Osceola Parkway for a traffic-free route into Walt Disney World.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a renovated room when you book.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer L, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Keith and Missy,

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista. I am so happy that we were able to help make your Walt Disney World trip a magical one. I will also let our staff know how satisfied you were. We always strive to make our guests stays enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Disney area.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

i stayed at the red roof in in kissimme florida with my two children and dog and would just like to say this has to be the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in from the outside to the inside!!!! the rooms are very clean! definately a safe place to stay! the staff is excellent very good customer service from all the employees right down to housekeeping! the manager deniece kephart is very friendly she has great customer service skills and always a smile on her face! i definately would recommend this hotel out of all the ones in kissimee to friends and family!!!!! very pleased!!!!! thank you to everyone there!!!!!!!!!! thanks again kathy w

Room Tip: i had a room with double beds and it was non smoking and very clean! the beds were very comfortable!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy W
Jennifer L, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn in Kissimmee, FL. We always love to hear from our guests, and we are very happy that you felt right at home here. Deniece always tries to take care of our guests and is happy that you were very pleased. Again, we appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Kissimmee area.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

In the beginning of May 2013, I stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Ohio while at a conference. My stay was absolutely fantastic, as I was promised a renovated room and the room far exceeded my expectations. Living in Orlando, I know Kissimmee is an area to be cautious of when booking a hotel stay. However, because of my previous experience earlier in the month with Red Roof Inn, I thought I would be okay at this location. Especially because the woman from Red Roof reservations assured me a renovation "NextGen" room and told me that the inn was sold out after I booked this room.
My friend and I booked this room so that we could got to a special all day event at Disney and have a close place to crash after a long night. When we arrived at the hotel at approximately 7pm, there were several men loitering around the building. I was okay with this, until they followed us into the "lobby" (actually a converted room) and proceeded to flirt with us and ask us very personal questions. All the while, the hotel clerk did not say a word or even acknowledge what these men were doing. I was uncomfortable, but willing to look past it. We were then given one actual key (not a key card) and told if we lost it we would have to pay $75. Expecting a key card or even more than one key when two adults are staying in a room is not outrageous. The hotel clerk wrote all of his "notes" in a notebook, rather than on a computer or something more official.
Now onto the room. I will admit, I am a picky person when it comes to hotel rooms. However, given the price of this room I had very low expectations. This room was way worse than I could have ever imagined. Additionally, just by standing in the room for 5 minutes I had just bad anxiety for the remainder of the evening that I could barely function. I told my friend that I needed to get out of there ASAP or I was going to have a full on anxiety attack due to the nastiness of this room. Thankfully, she was a little more level headed and took the time to note the issues and take pictures.
The room was certainly not renovated. Though we were assured because there were "wood" floors in the room that it was, nothing else pointed to a recent renovation. The TV was ancient (probably from the early 90s) and the mirror was so destroyed you could not see through it all with black stuff (not sure what) surrounding the edges. The bed was collapsed in in the center (clearly NOT a new mattress) and there was hair and bugs in the sheets when we pulled down the comforter. I do not know if these were bed bugs as I was so shaken that I could not focus, but regardless, bugs in a bed is completely not acceptable. Thankfully we had not taken our stuff in from the car yet. Additionally, there were wholes in the wall near the floor, and the furniture was so old and scratched up it could not have been less than 10 years old (furniture only an issue because we were assured a renovated room). The bathroom was absolutely disgusting; it had another hole in the wall, stains everywhere, and was just plain gross.
At this point there was no way I would be staying any longer in this facility. We made our way back to the front desk and requested a refund for our stay. His first response was to show us another room. Politely declined, because if there are bugs in the bed in one room, they will surely be in another. He refunded my stay except for the first night, and told me to contact the manager the next day. Once again, all notes about this were taken on a very unofficial notebook. The next day, I was given a refund for my first night, so no loss here. However, I do want to let people know about this state of this property. Please do not bring your children here if you are going on vacation. My views of Red Roof Inn were severely diminished after this experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank jmclachlan13
Jennifer L, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback for your stay at the Red Roof Inn Kissimmee-Lake Buena Vista. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectaions. I have recently started taking care of the property as the General Manager and will be working continuously to make improvements to the property. These improvements will include updating our guest room door locks so that newer updated key cards will be utilized for all of our guests. We will also be updating other items in the rooms like our televisions, etc.

Also, please know that my number one priortity is that our guests are comfortable and feel safe while they stay with us. I apologize that the Guest Service Representative did not handle the situation with the unwelcome guests in the lobby, and I will discuss this issue with the entire staff.

Again, I apologize for your experience. Please contact me, Jennifer, at i0204@redroof.com so that we can further discuss your experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Pet owners please stop at this motel. It is very hard to find such great personal service. Deneice was very helpful and Kind. She MADE our 3 day stay memorable in Orlando. We have always had to sacrifice for our family of Chihauhaus and stay at Motel 6. Our wonderful experience in the Red roof INN of Kissimmee should go in the record books for all pet owners. We will be back and hopefully they will get the building repaired soon from the fire.

Room Tip: tell Deneice of your needs prior to arrival. she will accommodate as good as any one can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback for your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Kissimmee, FL. We greatly appreciate all of your kind words, and we are very happy that we helped make your stay away from home economical and friendly. We love our four legged guests, and look forward to accomodating them FREE.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Kissimmee area.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Travelling to Orlando area to visit Universal Theme Parks. We stayed at this hotel, due to convenience and a good rate. We made our reservations on line and checked in with no issues at all. Sadly, the room was a little outdated and in need of some cosmetic work. I was a bit disappointed that the ice maker was on the third floor and we were on the first, although, the ice maker didn't seem to be functioning properly many times my husband went to look for ice. I didn't deal directly with anyone in the office, but my husband did and never had a complaint. You can't beat the convenience of this hotel. Food is available in so many locations, many within walking distance. Access to the highway isn't bad either, so getting to and from the Theme Parks was pretty easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our hotel is currently being renovated, and we are taking care of the items mentioned in your review. Due to renovations, our ice maker is currently located on the third floor. An elevator can be found in the middle of the property for our guests' convenience. I will make sure that someone from our maintenance staff looks at the ice maker immediately.

I greatly appreciate your feedback. As the new General Manager of the property, I take all feedback from my guests very seriously. I will be working diligently to improve the property and I hope that you will visit us again on your next visit to the Kissimmee area.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Clean spacious rooms, conveniently located, close and easy to travel to local attractions. My kids had a very good time at their pool and spa areas. Denise and her friendly and efficient staff made our stay very pleasant. Amazing place to stay if traveling with pets!!!

Room Tip: Place is being remodeled due to a recent fire, therefore, there's no continental breakfast at th...

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista. Deniece tries to make every guest feel at home during their stay, and is happy that you felt this way. We are also proud to welcome our four-legged guests on their vacation as well. We hope that you will visit us again during your next visit to the Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista area.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

During the 4th night, I went out for TUMS and when I came back to the room at 1:00 a.m. I saw a bed bug on my sheet. I put it in a cup to show the manager so she would believe me. I didn’t sleep after that and I stayed on the internet searching for another place to stay. I kept noticing more and more bed bugs that I added to the cup that I covered with an ash tray. By morning I had collected 12 bed bugs and 1 cockroach racing across the floor that I trapped with another cup. I got a full refund in the morning when the manager came in. The manager, Denise, is quite rude and unprofessional when under stress both in dealing with me and with people on the phone she needed to contact. Don’t take a chance on taking bed bugs home with you from your clothes and suitcase. Find another hotel. The air conditioner was a lot louder than the other motels. The bathroom fan was automatic with the light and was much too loud. The toilet took 2 flushes to get everything down. The bathtub floor was unstable and creaked as I showered. The shower head didn’t evenly spread the water and came out almost like a garden hose. The bathtub drain was partly clogged and I could see my feet were always in the dirty water from my body. The room had no cups. I noticed people were asking for cups in the registration room. The window was unclean which ruined the view. To receive phonecalls, the manager has to be at her desk to connect the call, but sometimes she’s not there and the call can’t come through. The TV offered much fewer channels than I get at other motels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo