“Definitely worth what we paid!”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #34 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Savannah, Georgia
“Definitely worth what we paid!”
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I was a bit skeptical about making a reservation here with the rates as low as they were, knowing that you get what you pay for. I decided to go for it since 5 of the 7 reviews I read were here were good. We had reservations for 4 nights. We weren't able to make it our first night due to work circumstances and the staff was very understanding about it and put a note in our reservation that we would be checking in the following day. We didn't get a credit for that night, but I absolutely wouldn't expect any resort to do that with such short notice.

Anyway, we requested a room by the pool when we made our reservation and ended up by their second pool...it was great because the pool was literally right outside our door. It was sort of odd because it almost felt like we were in an entirely different hotel from where we checked in, but it was just fine.

The thing is, when you stay here, you cannot go there expecting it to be a 5-star resort, because it is not. You cannot expect to get shown to your room or to have someone help with your luggage. If you want that kind of service, you're going to have to pay more than what they charge here.

The room had 2 double beds and there was lots of floor space...very roomy. The toilet and bathtub were separate from the sink/mirror so someone could still be getting ready while another person was in the shower. Lots of space to hang clothes too. I was also VERY impressed with their quality of towels, nice and thick! That may seem funny to some of you, but I've stayed at "value" resorts before where the towels are so thin that I've been tempted to go buy new ones!

It was a real easy drive to Walt Disney World property, usually took about 1/2 an hour with traffic. Lots of restaurants and stores on the way. If you're looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable place to sleep and shower, this is the place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jjzmgailey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed here from 04/24 to04/28 the rooms were clean had no problem with that. I had a pet, and because of that we were put in the last building where there was NO ICE machine I Had to walk forever to get Ice. It was like we were in another world I wanted a room around the pool but I couldn't have it. they are pet friendly but not friendly to the people with the pet. I. didn't want maid service so ask for just towels but they were never brought. I felt like I wasn't part of the resort it's self because of my pet.
I had to give my credit card to have the phone turned on, but they could call my room to get me to go on a time share tour. I will NEVER stay here again. If you have a pet and would like to be treated like a outcast this is the place to go.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2011

was 'reserved' about the great price until we arrived at the hotel. very impressed. everything was clean, the outdoor pool was great. room well furnished, wasn't new stuff but still nice. need to bring your own coffee pot if you'll need one.

Room Tip: rooms 500 - 600 face the pool, close to parking
1 Thank whodog
Riverview, Hillsborough County, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here last yr and loved the room. The people were very nice and helpful also. Very close to Disney and City Walk. Am returning to stay again this yr for vaca. Can't wait. Oh yea, The Breakfast was wonderful!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank humbirds
New Brunswick
Reviewed 20 April 2011

STAY AWAY! I have never seen a hotel so poorly taken care of! We had booked a room here as part of a hotel/flight deal and if I had of known what I was walking into I would of booked elsewhere!
Our flight go into Orlando late on April 12 so by the time we arrived at Champions it was 11:30pm we got to our room and all you could smell was mold! There was what appeared to be blood on the wall & the sheets, the bathroom light was flickering. So we went to the front desk to complain, they switched our room. The next room was musty smelling but not moldy & and the sheets were clean so as it was so late we went to bed, knowing we would find something else in the morning. We had paid extra for sofa bed, let me tell you that sofa was not fit for anyone to sleep on! It was DIRTY! I've seen sofas sitting on the side of the road that were cleaner!

We tried to shower in the morning and there was no hot water & half way through my shower the water stopped all together!
We adressed the front desk about the problems with the room and they acted like they had no idea what we were talking about.
This place is gross and I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. One night there was more than enough for me!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank ange_trouble
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2011

me and my boyfriend were travelling to orlando for 2 weeks to visit disney and universal theme parks (5th-19th april 2011)

booking: didn't recieve a confirmation, which made me nervous. we wanted to enquire about theme park shuttles so we rang and got passed through to various people before getting told that the information constantly changed and we were not able to have any information on times/services.

check in: quick but unfriendly. we were given a huge map of the hotel with our room number circled. no directions given really, and nobody to show us to our rooms or help us with our suitcases. we spent 15 minutes trailing the hotel grounds in the cold early hours trying to find our room. this was very frustrating, but we eventually found it. a little more help would have been good here.

room: clean. nothing broken/wrong with the room. 2 double beds, reasonably comfortable, and very clean. out dated tv with cable channels (they were ok). air conditioning worked well but often got turned off by cleaners whilst we were at the parks, leaving us to come home to a warm room. bathroom was clean with large mirror. The shower and sink water would only come out scorching towards the end of our holiday (please beware of this with children, the water was boiling temperature, it burnt the colour off of the sponge that was hung in the shower. after 10 minutes of trying, if we were lucky we would get a cold water coming out. this was the same with the sink, therefore we could not refill our water bottles which was annoying. there is a microwave and fridge in the room which was useful.

i cannot comment on the restuarant/gym/pools as we did not use any of these. but the covered pool always looked busy so im guessing it was OK! although we looked at the restaurant menu one night and it looked very limited.

shuttle services to the parks were always prompt, friendly, helpful. they pick up at 3 more hotels though, so can get really crowded and hot. but they're free, so can't complain.

information available in reception for parks/buses/directions is helpful, can find all park maps and stuff there.

Most reception staff were helpful, but there were a few unfriendly, snappy ones. one day when our room card key wouldnt work and we needed to get our bags before getting on the park shuttle we were asked 'why we needed to go back to our room' 'what our bags were for, why we needed them'. this was annoying, as we only had 2 minutes before the shuttle left and were facing an inquision!

Across the road there is a chinese buffet (walked in then out, food looked greasy) there is also a dominos and pizza hut, pharmacy and a chinese takeaway. we made use of the dominos and pizza hut most nights!

ok, so the one HUGE problem we had throughout our stay was with the phone in the room. In the room above us, we had an hotel employee named Michael. the phone lines had 'somehow' been crossed and we recieved a call one morning (6am!) asking for michael. we simply thought this was a guest who had rung our room by mistake and forgot about it and went back to sleep. we recieved these calls every morning for the last 5 days of our stay. they were at 6am, 7am, 8am, sometimes 3 in one morning. after complaining over the phone, telling them they'd got the wrong room, and then officially complaining to the reception who apologised and said they'd fix it, THEY CONTINUED! we even got messages left on the phone for Michael, from other employees, talking rudely about other guests at the hotel! not nice! two days before we left, the phone rung, as usual at 6am asking for michael, i was so mad and frustrated at being woken up AGAIN, that i shouted at them and told them that this was not his room and that i was very 'pissed off'. i guess then, they got off their arses and knocked on his door if they wanted him, as on our last day they didnt ring (yay.)

the only other complaint was, it was my boyfriends birthday during our stay and i asked at reception where i could purchase a cake (this was my first time in orlando) i was told the restaurant could help me out. the restaurant manager wasnt there, i was asked to write a note and put it in an envelope and it would be given to him. i got no reply, no cake. obviously not bothered about enhancing their guests stay.

check out was: 'were checking out' .. 'ok, your bill is..'
they didnt ask if we had enjoyed our stay, if we'd had a good time ect..

overall, good cheap base for visiting theme parks, but i did not recieve any exceptional customer service here.

1 Thank rebeccah6
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2011

After reading some of the other reviews we were not sure about staying here. We were pleasently suprised at what we found. Yes itis an older resort but everything we kept in nice repair and very clean. Upon arrivel we asked to see the room before checking in. Joann at the front deksk was happy to allow us this and we saw a room that was spacious and very clean. Even under the beds and behind the toilets it was clean. We got checked in with Joann making sure we had everything we needed by way of directions around the are and the locations of different amenaties at the resort. Later that night coming in from dinner we had a flying bug come in with us. Being a room of chicken women we called down to the front deck to see if anyone could come get it for us. Within minutes Miguel with maintenance was there to help us. While he was there, he asked if everything was fine with the room or if we needed anything else. On another day of our stay while we were relaxing housekeeping came and cleaned the room. Again asking if there was anything we needed extra or had concerns about when she was done. Latisha at the front desk also was a joy to interact with. We received the same service from this staff if not better then we have had while staying on Disney property. This is now our place to stay when we visit Disney which we do every 6 weeks or so.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends