“Didn't Feel Safe and Didn't Feel Good”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed here while on a school band trip to Universal Studios.

We arrived a little after 9 pm on a Thursday, and were all tired and give out. Our band director, who had planned the trip through a tour company, was fuming because the rooms opened to the outside and were not enclosed in one central building. Sleepily, we dragged our suitcases up the stairs to the second floor (no elevator) and threw ourselves into bed. We had relatively few problems with our room, but others in the band couldn't open room doors and had non-functioning keys.

The next morning, one of my roommates, who had slept in the bed opposite mine, woke up with several bug bites on her legs. At breakfast, I heard similar stories about friends waking up with bites or finding bugs in their bed. Personally, I never saw or was bitten by any bed bugs during my stay here, but my roommate swore up and down that that was what bit her.

The next day, the toilet in our room refused to flush. I told the front desk and they promptly sent us a maintenance man who arrived in about ten minutes. He was nice and fixed the toilet.

Overall, this a decent hotel. The only things it had going for it was a big pool, an alright breakfast and a nice staff. It's an older hotel, and struggles with offering the amenities of a newer, more mainstream hotel. The gift shop had weird hours and the pool was always freezing. When I go back to Orlando, I won't plan on staying here.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank madbridges
There are newer reviews for Champions World Resort

Reviewed 1 May 2011

Is a nice hotel with many amenities, room service was excellent. The shuttle was not so confy, because run for 3 hotels, but Champions is the first so you can have a seat haha. If you have a car, fine, because if you don't have a car you don't have many alternatives to eat. I like this hotel and really recomend it.

This hotel is near to a Chinese buffett, Dominos Pizza, Pizza Hut, Walgreens, McDonalds...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank casdj
mplasencia, General Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

At Champions World Resort we take pride in providing guests with a clean, comfortable, friendly, and affordable accommodations. Providing hospitality is our job and we take it seriously. We provide 24/7 security for the property. Because we take pest prevention seriously, we employ state of the industry bed bug detection (using K9 units) and prevention provided by Protex Pest Prevention services. We are confident that are rooms are bug-free.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

This hotel is great to sleep and lay in the sun at. They have a great heated pool. Their front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Their gift shop is a great convienance store and sells discount tickets. Make sure to have the lovely michael help you with your theme park planning he is brilliant. They have beautiful grounds that are almost complete in the back dedicated to the sports minded. The only upsetting thing was the restaurant. The staff not only seemed like they had no experience but they wore jeans and t-shirts and gold chains. I would never expect to go stay at a resort and feel like i was in a hill-billie bar. The food was ok however. It would have been nice to have a real breakfast buffet though. When we checked out Elly was very sweet. I would definately come back and stay here, i will just go out to eat.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I was a bit skeptical about making a reservation here with the rates as low as they were, knowing that you get what you pay for. I decided to go for it since 5 of the 7 reviews I read were here were good. We had reservations for 4 nights. We weren't able to make it our first night due to work circumstances and the staff was very understanding about it and put a note in our reservation that we would be checking in the following day. We didn't get a credit for that night, but I absolutely wouldn't expect any resort to do that with such short notice.

Anyway, we requested a room by the pool when we made our reservation and ended up by their second pool...it was great because the pool was literally right outside our door. It was sort of odd because it almost felt like we were in an entirely different hotel from where we checked in, but it was just fine.

The thing is, when you stay here, you cannot go there expecting it to be a 5-star resort, because it is not. You cannot expect to get shown to your room or to have someone help with your luggage. If you want that kind of service, you're going to have to pay more than what they charge here.

The room had 2 double beds and there was lots of floor space...very roomy. The toilet and bathtub were separate from the sink/mirror so someone could still be getting ready while another person was in the shower. Lots of space to hang clothes too. I was also VERY impressed with their quality of towels, nice and thick! That may seem funny to some of you, but I've stayed at "value" resorts before where the towels are so thin that I've been tempted to go buy new ones!

It was a real easy drive to Walt Disney World property, usually took about 1/2 an hour with traffic. Lots of restaurants and stores on the way. If you're looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable place to sleep and shower, this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank jjzmgailey
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed here from 04/24 to04/28 the rooms were clean had no problem with that. I had a pet, and because of that we were put in the last building where there was NO ICE machine I Had to walk forever to get Ice. It was like we were in another world I wanted a room around the pool but I couldn't have it. they are pet friendly but not friendly to the people with the pet. I. didn't want maid service so ask for just towels but they were never brought. I felt like I wasn't part of the resort it's self because of my pet.
I had to give my credit card to have the phone turned on, but they could call my room to get me to go on a time share tour. I will NEVER stay here again. If you have a pet and would like to be treated like a outcast this is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2011

was 'reserved' about the great price until we arrived at the hotel. very impressed. everything was clean, the outdoor pool was great. room well furnished, wasn't new stuff but still nice. need to bring your own coffee pot if you'll need one.

Room Tip: rooms 500 - 600 face the pool, close to parking
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whodog
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here last yr and loved the room. The people were very nice and helpful also. Very close to Disney and City Walk. Am returning to stay again this yr for vaca. Can't wait. Oh yea, The Breakfast was wonderful!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends