I stayed here while on a school band trip to Universal Studios.
We arrived a little after 9 pm on a Thursday, and were all tired and give out. Our band director, who had planned the trip through a tour company, was fuming because the rooms opened to the outside and were not enclosed in one central building. Sleepily, we dragged our suitcases up the stairs to the second floor (no elevator) and threw ourselves into bed. We had relatively few problems with our room, but others in the band couldn't open room doors and had non-functioning keys.
The next morning, one of my roommates, who had slept in the bed opposite mine, woke up with several bug bites on her legs. At breakfast, I heard similar stories about friends waking up with bites or finding bugs in their bed. Personally, I never saw or was bitten by any bed bugs during my stay here, but my roommate swore up and down that that was what bit her.
The next day, the toilet in our room refused to flush. I told the front desk and they promptly sent us a maintenance man who arrived in about ten minutes. He was nice and fixed the toilet.
Overall, this a decent hotel. The only things it had going for it was a big pool, an alright breakfast and a nice staff. It's an older hotel, and struggles with offering the amenities of a newer, more mainstream hotel. The gift shop had weird hours and the pool was always freezing. When I go back to Orlando, I won't plan on staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Champions World Resort and Nature Park is situated on 15 tropical acres just 3.5 Miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Resort. The hotel offers scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Resort Parks, the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall, Sea World, Aquatica, and Universal Studios.After a long day at the parks or shopping til' you drop, come back and relax at one of the 3 heated pools (one covered for year round enjoyment) or just grab a drink and relax in the Jacuzzi. Uncover the hidden secret that makes this hotel so special by visiting the 5 acre nature and jogging park. Three separate ponds complete with sandy beaches, paddleboats and lounge chairs. You will also find picnic tables, grilles and a Gazebo for family enjoyment. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy our multi- purpose sports fields, basketball courts, sandy volleyball, fitness center and kids playground. Champions Restaurant is open for your dining pleasure or to watch your favorite sporting event in the Lounge. Champions World Resort has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Champions World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champions World Hotel Kissimmee
- Hotel Champions World
- Champions World Resort Kissimmee, Florida