My husband and I were on a budget and after paying travel bag £580 per person for flights and 8 night stay (with virgin -direct) we were not in a position to argue, I think you will all agree that that was a very cheap deal! Our main purpose for our visit was to see my husbands relatives and catch up with the family so we simply wanted a hot shower, clean bed and safe environment.
Overall our stay was OK, we did get a hot shower everyday, the room was cleaned to a good standard and the linen was clean so it did meet our requirements. The Internet only worked one day which was frustrating as we didn't have a cell phone and email was our only way of communicating with the folks, luckily they we able to reach us in our room. Internet is free of charge and I could have complained but I don't think it would have made much difference. We never ate at the restaurant so i can not comment but my husband did buy a couple of drinks at the bar which was OK. The bar only opened at 4pm which seemed crazy on warm days but this was perhaps a cost saving strategy.
The location of the hotel was good as you we surrounded by gift shops and restaurants. We ate T the Pizza Hut opposite one night which was OK.
Their was a real mixture of people staying the at hotel and as it was spring break this was to be expected however at night a couple of dodgy looking characters would sit outside their hotel room watching the world go by? I wasn't sure what they were doing exactly however they did make me feel a little uneasy and I was glad our room was no where near them. On the other side there were families, other couples and groups of teens so a real mixed bag.
The Outside pool was simple but very cold although I am sure that in the heat of the summer this is welcoming. It would have been nice to have some background music playing to give it some atmosphere but you get what you pay for.
The 'hotel' is more a motel so it seemed as though people would stay for 1 or 2 nights besides the Brits and to be honest if I was on a budget again and it was just as cheap I would consider staying here again.
To give you an idea on price, my husbands father came to stay one night and was charged $40 as they must have been quiet, you can not argue with that.
If you are looking for a three star middle of road hotel then this might not be the place for you, but if you are looking for a short term stay and you are on a tight budget and don't mind a no frills type of place, then this does tick all the boxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Champions World Resort and Nature Park is situated on 15 tropical acres just 3.5 Miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Resort. The hotel offers scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Resort Parks, the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall, Sea World, Aquatica, and Universal Studios.After a long day at the parks or shopping til' you drop, come back and relax at one of the 3 heated pools (one covered for year round enjoyment) or just grab a drink and relax in the Jacuzzi. Uncover the hidden secret that makes this hotel so special by visiting the 5 acre nature and jogging park. Three separate ponds complete with sandy beaches, paddleboats and lounge chairs. You will also find picnic tables, grilles and a Gazebo for family enjoyment. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy our multi- purpose sports fields, basketball courts, sandy volleyball, fitness center and kids playground. Champions Restaurant is open for your dining pleasure or to watch your favorite sporting event in the Lounge. Champions World Resort has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Champions World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champions World Hotel Kissimmee
- Hotel Champions World
- Champions World Resort Kissimmee, Florida