We booked this trip only a week before departure and Champions World Resort was included in the flight and accommodation package via lastminute.com
The location was a little out of town on the 192/West Irlo Bronson Highway and we didn't hire a car but this wasn't a major problem as there was a free daily shuttle service to the Disney and Universal parks. Magic Kingdom buses departed at 1045 and 1205 and returned at 1945 or 2245. EPCOT buses departed at 0950 or 1205 and returned at 2145. Universal and Seaworld buses departed at 0725 and returned at 1800 (Seaworld) or 1815 (Universal). The timings didn't really fit in with park opening times but I guess it was the same bus doing both trips and couldn't complain as it was a free service. The driver was really helpful and friendly and handed out free lollipops to everyone so I didn't begrudge the $1/$2 tip at all! It was around 45 minutes to Disney and 1 hour to Universal with a few hotel pick ups along 192.
Reception staff were very helpful, although sometimes had to wait a few moments as the receptionist was in the back office. Check out was 11am. Our transfer back to the airport was 1pm but we were able to keep the room for an extra two hours at no extra charge. That was really appreciated as we were able to laze around the pool and spa and got the maximum enjoyment from our last day.
Peter on their tour desk was also very helpful and booked us a tour to Kennedy Space Center. We found tickets into the Disney and Universal parks cost slightly more than on-the-gate prices. We booked Cirque du Soleil tickets directly at the theatre box office and there was on-the-day availability in all category seats. There is also a cheap ticket 'shed' across the road where we paid $140 for a two day Disney ticket (saving us $50). Although it had been used by someone else previously and wasn't supposed to be transferable so we were given the history of use in case asked at the parks. Which we were but all was OK. Luckily the new electronic finger printing system had teething problems (since the card had been used by someone else's fingerprints!) so we were just beeped in by staff. A bit nerve-racking but a good saving!
All areas of the hotel were clean and the bedrooms spacious. Ours had two queen size beds, a TV, fridge (initially set so cold our Coke bottles turned to ice!), microwave (but no crockery or cutlery), table and two chairs, wardrobe with hangers, set of four drawers, bathroom with additional wash basin outside the bathroom and hairdryer. Also free wifi. There were three swimming pools and one spa. We never found time to see the nature reserve but did spot the small gym. We also didn't use the restaurant or bar but they looked OK. There were plenty of vending machines with drink bottles, chocolate, chips/crisps, danish pastries and ice. $2 for a bottle of Coke or water.
Although not pedestrian friendly - as there were no pavements/sidewalks and the grassy areas had sprinklers and we were told snakes though didn't see any! - we did walk out a few times to eat. The choice was McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, Hoolihans, Super Chinese Buffet or Bruno's Italian restaurant. The latter being the best meal of our trip - look for the discount voucher in the room too!
We couldn't fault a thing other than location and being without a car. It was just too difficult to get to International Drive. Either a very expensive taxi ride or three buses taking two hours each way! But I'd stay at Champions World Resort again as excellent value at around £10 per person per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Champions World Resort and Nature Park is situated on 15 tropical acres just 3.5 Miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Resort. The hotel offers scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Resort Parks, the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall, Sea World, Aquatica, and Universal Studios.After a long day at the parks or shopping til' you drop, come back and relax at one of the 3 heated pools (one covered for year round enjoyment) or just grab a drink and relax in the Jacuzzi. Uncover the hidden secret that makes this hotel so special by visiting the 5 acre nature and jogging park. Three separate ponds complete with sandy beaches, paddleboats and lounge chairs. You will also find picnic tables, grilles and a Gazebo for family enjoyment. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy our multi- purpose sports fields, basketball courts, sandy volleyball, fitness center and kids playground. Champions Restaurant is open for your dining pleasure or to watch your favorite sporting event in the Lounge. Champions World Resort has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo and LoveHolidays so you can book your Champions World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champions World Hotel Kissimmee
- Hotel Champions World
- Champions World Resort Kissimmee, Florida